Is Primitivism anarchist?

Discussion in 'theory, philosophy & history' started by Steve Booth, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Ralph Llama

Ralph Llama ERROR 23 : DEFAULT MODE NETWORK COMPROMISED Banned

Shit trolls TBH 0/10

2. TruXta

TruXta tired

You can't even troll, so you don't even get a zero. Too stupid I guess.

NoXion likes this.
  3. Ralph Llama

Thats because I wasn`t trolling genius.

4. TruXta

TruXta tired

Sure you weren't.

5. Ralph Llama

You could at least get a convincing picture :facepalm:
    -50/10

6. TruXta

TruXta tired

Of what? Honestly, I don't think you've posted anything that's true in the last couple of pages. Just full on rubbish.

Pickman's model likes this.
  7. Mordi

Mordi Amoral adventurist

So I was listening to the In Our Time episode on Parasites at work t'other day. They were chatting about how most parasites in humans (and in fact, most diseases) can be traced back a few thousand years to domestication of animals. Apparently a bunch of the bastards are all descended from one strain that made the leap from camels.

That made me feel all smug in my anti-agricultural ways, but then they said that we picked up the tapeworm and other nasties when we started to eat meat back on the African Savannah. Clearly our glorious anarcho-prim ancestors sold us out with their vegan edge.

8. Ralph Llama

This is Pete Seeger on DN a few years back, talking about the point I was making about the birth of American democracy having been taken from the indigenous consensus-based decision-making process. Oren Lyons is leader of the Onondaga tribe.

Their process of self government, wich makes them anarchist, is described here

They have consensus-based decision making and they can challenge/question coercion at any point.
    They are anarco-primitivists, they are currently engaged with global capitalism alongside with and in solidarity with all indigenous and nomadic cultures fighting for their culture and environment now.

That seems quite relevant to me :/

Onondaga Leader Oren Lyons, Pete Seeger on International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples | Democracy Now!

9. NoXion

NoXion Eat leaden death, demon...

Franklin browbeating his fellow landowners and slave-holders into reaching a settlement with each other, by saying that they compare poorly to the natives, isn't what I would call consensus-based decision-making.

Exactly what actual organisational praxis did the founders of American bourgeois democracy adopt from native cultures?

10. Ralph Llama

Are you trying to troll me? I can`t tell. If not then try reading my post before asking questions that are answered within it .

11. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

:p

12. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

13. NoXion

I'm serious. The first paragraph you quoted shows Franklin brow-beating his fellows, and the second paragraph talks about how native people organise amongst themselves. I invite you to humour me and directly quote the passage which you think shows how American bourgeois democracy emulated the native nations at any point. You can even use bold if you like.

14. Ralph Llama

If you click the blue bit down the bottom you can watch a film of the interview. It might be easier to digest for you :/

15. NoXion

Why can't you quote the relevant passage?

16. TruXta

TruXta tired

In fairness there is this.

H Con Res 331.png

It could be seen as a symbolic atonement, by the then US House and Senate members, for the treatment they've meted out to Indians over the centuries, more so than a statement of historical fact.

Plenty more links and reading here

Ralph Llama and NoXion like this.
  17. NoXion

Yeah, but Ralph Llama was going on about consensus and stuff, not the constitution.

18. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

It's a bit of a patronising truism; point I was making with that link about the "Beaver Wars" is the confederacy wasn't some talking-stick jazz hands affair; it pursued aggressive economic wars that destroyed a number of other native nations. Oh, hang on...

19. TruXta

TruXta tired

True, NoXion. I broadened the scope somewhat. In a wider historical sense it'd perhaps be odd if the hundreds of years of contact between invaders and natives of North America didn't teach the newcomers a thing or two about politics.

NoXion likes this.
  20. Ralph Llama

How do you do that?
    Good link :thumbs: Unfortunately you are missing the point.

21. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

I think you are, projecting things onto a historical entity that simply weren't there.

NoXion likes this.
  22. Ralph Llama

Eh? How so?

...oh right... being inspired by consensus based decision making doesnt automaticaly turn you into a jazz-hands anarchist... Benjamine didn`t fully grasp the concept further than talking until everybody agrees(the constitution), as aposed to purpetuating tribal war.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  23. Ralph Llama

Shut it you ignorant bell-end.

Look at this idiots:

So where the actual fuck are you lot coming from? State fucking communism? The fucking swappies? LOL

24. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

From you that's a compliment. You're poster boy for meaningless drivel and half-arsed posturing based on shit you've got round your neck.
    The idea that the author of the Laozi text advocated anything like anarchism is laughable. Project MUSE - Thus Spoke Laozi

crossthebreeze likes this.
  25. Ralph Llama

No you and your inconsistent world view is laughable. The point of that post is that anarchism is primitive you idiot. What was the thread about you tosser?

How YOU can fucking ridicule the indigenous movements (ignoring their advanced horizontal politics) with your snotty RACIST imperialist views and then pose as a right on fucking hipster who is part of an (up-to-date and fashionable) movement that offers some kind of solution..... is beyond me.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  26. Idris2002

Idris2002 the liberation forces make movies of their own

The concept of the "primitive" was anthropology's equivalent of "the aether" or "phlogiston".

bimble likes this.
  27. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Your inadequacies as a human being?

28. Ralph Llama

29. Idris2002

Idris2002 the liberation forces make movies of their own

Tu stultus es.

30. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Missed you'd snuck this in in an edit. I'm ridiculing you and your pretence of understanding any indigenous movements. Long nights at the Google doesn't get you inducted into the clan.
    You have no idea what my stance is on anything clearly from the claims you've made on this thread.
    You OK hun?