Is Primitivism anarchist?

Discussion in 'theory, philosophy & history' started by Steve Booth, Aug 18, 2005.

1. bimble

bimble noisy but small

I’m still waiting for you to answer what you meant when you said ‘these things are taken for granted by anyone with the slightest grasp of anthropology’. What things did you mean please?

(Also I only had 1 thing published in an obscure journal then I had to get a job :()

NoXion and danny la rouge like this.
  2. danny la rouge

danny la rouge Warning: posts may cause vasovagal presyncope

mojo pixy likes this.
  3. Ralph Llama

Ralph Llama ERROR 23 : DEFAULT MODE NETWORK COMPROMISED Banned

@ Bimble Sorry... read the thread.

4. Ralph Llama

That Space Communist boy is not indigenous of where he lives currently.

5. danny la rouge

What?

NoXion likes this.
  6. NoXion

NoXion Eat leaden death, demon...

He did. That's why he's asking you. I too am curious.

danny la rouge likes this.
  7. bimble

bimble noisy but small

:D

8. NoXion

How do you know that? Because I don't even know that for certain myself!

9. Ralph Llama

10. danny la rouge

Ralph Llama Try outlining your meaning. Use bullet points if necessary. I guarantee that nobody knows what you're on about. This suggests to me that you have a problem with clarity.

As for your last comment on the other ID Pol thread, which I don't want to sully further because it's a serious thread (unlike the hippy bollocks here), if you'd read even just the OP you'd see I'm not a fan of ID politics. That is if your comment was serious and not meant as ironic. I honestly can't tell.

11. NoXion

Found a source for the "200 years of peace" claim yet? Because I'm not finding anything in the last link you provided. What phrase do I need to put in Ctrl F?

12. Ralph Llama

Well, I suppose that makes you an anthropologist then. I think there were 2 points. One was the 200 years of peace the North American Indians had before the Dutch settlers arrived, the other ... oh LOL. yes Space boy was referring to the Mayans as an example of how nomadic societies don`t work. Please say I don't have to explain that one. Look I`ve got things to do. I`ll be back later and i will find you the source on the 200 years of peace... it was on democracy now, a few years back on Constitution Day.. watch this space

13. Ralph Llama

The last link... as was stated... was about the concensus based decision making of the American Indians you idiot. A major point in this thread. :facepalm:

14. NoXion

You know that I didn't actually dispute the existence of American Indians' consensus-based decision making, right? I just pointed out that it's irrelevant.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  15. Ralph Llama

Thats pretty obvious trolling ???

16. NoXion

What is?

17. Ralph Llama

The Aztec were a Civilization.

Do you think consensus based desision making lead by women is `unfair` or that it is New Age Noble Savage Idealism?

You are a typical bigoted imperialist, ridiculing all indigenous society with your crude racist generalisations. I was talking about native indigenous North American society and explaining that it is more developed than this industrial feudalism or any idealistic nonsense about space communism.
    You say it is irrelevant, yet these people still live, breath and fight using the same consensus-based politics. It is a reality. Not only have I experienced this first hand, which you also say is irrelevant, but I have seen how effective it is against Imperial organisations like Shell Oil.

Oh yes, the trolling. Unless you want to be outed as a bunch of racist scum, you better educate yourselves about what an Indigenous society is. It`s not open to debate!

You are irrelevant.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  18. danny la rouge

Excellent. You have a good old argument with your imaginary interlocutors. Just leave me out of it.

19. Ralph Llama

Piss off then you nob-end ... and dont try trolling me again

20. NoXion

Yes, they were. And they came up with their own unique take on it without any needing any help from Europeans.

However, nobody on this thread has claimed that the Aztec Empire was not a civilisation, so I'm not sure why you're saying that.

What racist generalisations has danny la rouge made? Quotes please.

More developed? What does that mean? Sounds like it's predicated on the notion that some cultures are more "advanced" than others, a proposition that I reject.

By irrelevant, I mean that it does not matter where the US Founding Fathers got their ideas from. What matters are the ideas themselves, and how they are actually implemented in material reality.

21. Ralph Llama

I can`t work out whether you're a troll, or just not very bright. I`ll give you the benefit of the doubt.
    It`s a lie, but I`ll go with it. So what part of `what have you done?` don`t you understand? These people fight for their lands and environment constantly. Is this not implementing ideas into society?
    How are you `implementing ideas into society`? If it is more relevant than the struggles of the nomadic societies of the planet now, I will be impressed.

Oh sorry... you are part of the indigenous struggle against global capitalism?

22. danny la rouge

You are a lying, trolling, incoherent bore. You're going on ignore and hopefully you'll be banned shortly.

23. Ralph Llama

Your still here? Why?

New Age Noble Savage Idealism? You think that respecting the struggles of indigenous people is Idealism. And you can`t see why that is imperalist racism?

It should be obvious to anybody reading this thread that it is being trolled by 2 people... I did think 3 , but he`s just a bit thick... bless :)

24. NoXion

How am I lying? You claimed that the Founding Fathers "stole" their ideas about democracy from native Americans. I'm saying that it doesn't matter where they got their ideas from. Democracy in various forms has been devised in multiple places in time and space. What matters is how it is implemented.

You seem to have got that mixed up with the notion that I think native democracy is irrelevant to *everything*. Which is not what I think, by the way.

25. Ralph Llama

Well it`s pretty clearly stated on this thread m8e boy.

26. Ralph Llama

And i will dig out the source on the 200 years of peace.

27. NoXion

What am I lying about specifically? There are multiple clauses within the sentence you quoted.

28. Ralph Llama

Oh yes. I`m sorry....

29. NoXion

How is that a lie? I've not heard any convincing reason to think otherwise. Unless you're claiming to know my own mind better than myself...

30. mojo pixy

mojo pixy unquantifiable hazards

Go on then, explain how it's wrong.