Is Morrissey Funny?

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Voley, Feb 4, 2009.

?

Morrissey - Funny?

1. Yes, Morrissey is funny.

49.3%
  2. No, Morrissey is not funny.

50.7%
  1. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

i dunno - personally i cant really enjoy the smiths anymore as it so entwined with morrisey's schtick - he was the narrator you identified with - but now the misanthropic loner observing the world with arch wit shot through with a yearning romanticism is revealed to be have been a hate filled, narcissistic bigot all along.
    Now you want him to go home alone and cry, you want the charming man in the charming car to drive over the cunt's bicycle, you want the ten ton truck to smash into him, you want to stop him because we've heard this racist shite many many time before and you'd hang him over the DJ.

not-bono-ever likes this.
  2. krtek a houby

krtek a houby how's it going to end?

It can be very difficult to separate the artist from the art. I've been fortunate enough to know a few people over the years and inevitably, they disappoint. Sometimes on a small scale, sometimes on a Moz level. I'm sure there's a song about it somewhere about not having faith in one;s idols.

Everybody turns out shit, in the end. :(:(

3. Voley

Voley Knees Up Mother Earth

UK/European tour cancelled due to ' logistical circumstances'.

Morrissey postpones all UK and Europe tour dates

Twitter reckons it's due to people voting with their feet - one bloke reckons he was watching the ticket site for an Edinburgh gig and he'd only managed to sell 400 tickets. Serves him right if true.

Dave Haslam throwing an anti racist party as a counter protest to the Manchester gigs looks like it had the desired effect. :thumbs:

4. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Not what they want but what is good for them

f
    u
    c
    k
    m
    o
    r
    r
    i
    s
    e
    y

5. chilango

chilango *shrugs*

6. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat lumpen proletaricat

on tweeter

:)

Orang Utan, nogojones and Teaboy like this.
  7. Idris2002

Idris2002 the liberation forces make movies of their own

You just haven't burned it (the Reichstag) yet, baby.

8. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

As I said earlier in this thread he was due to do two nights at Castlefield Bowl in Manchester, this is an outdoor venue right in the city centre capacity about 8000 - still loads of tickets available. A guy at work went to his last gig at the Manchester Arena (capacity 20,000) and said it was fucking awful - he said there were fans next to them who had been to 30ish Morrissey gigs over the years and said that was the worst they'd been to. Maybe it's a perfect storm of people realising how much of a twat he is and that he doesn't even put on a decent show. £75 a ticket too!

9. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

How to treat Morrissey? Stop listening to him | Stewart Lee