Panic in the streets of Nürnberg

Still heil

William, it was really nazi

This charming Übermensch

Stop me if you think you've heard this one by Farage

(Don't really know his solo stuff).

binka

!!!!!!!!!
he is touring innit. Still plenty of tickets available. I am sure Anne Marie can rustle up some patriotic fellow travellers to bolster the meagre turnout
He's doing 2 nights at Castlefield Bowl in Manchester in July. Saturday and Sunday, capacity about 8000, still plenty of tickets available for both nights. If he can't sell out his home town gigs at the weekend in the middle of summer then he has problems

5t3IIa

This is purportedly an extract from a Rolling Stone interview Morrissey did in 1986. It was posted on a Morrissey fan board in 2001. Whilst I have not seen this verified neither have I seen it exposed as false either. If it is accurate then he's been a racist piece of shit for quite a while now:
But it does, it does. What it says can't necessarily be verbalised easily. It doesn't seek to change the world like rock music by speaking grand truths about politics, sex and the human condition. It works at a much more subtle level - at the level of the body and the shared abandon of the dancefloor. It won't change the world, but it's been said it may well change the way you walk through the world.
This bit is nice :cool:

Mation

real life adventure worth more than pieces of gold
He's a fucking embarrassment these days.
He was then, too. Total racist cunt then, still a total racist cunt now. It's just that, back then, white people didn't let that kind of stuff prevent them from liking him.

krtek a houby

Share knowledge, don't weaponize it
He was then, too. Total racist cunt then, still a total racist cunt now. It's just that, back then, white people didn't let that kind of stuff prevent them from liking him.
Tbh, around the time he was wrapping himself in the British flag and flirting with far right nationalism, I did think he was an eejit. But I naively thought it was just a phase he was going through. There's no excuses now - it's pretty clear to see what he is.

One of the reasons I went off The Fall (was never a massive fan) was the kind of bollocks MES spouted about immigration, esp in an interview in Hot Press a decade or so ago.

It's ugly and depressing when creative people you liked turn out to be shitbags.

Poi E

Interesting, though, isn't it, our assumption of the arts to be to the left? Mind you, Morrissey is just becoming a cantankerous old man afraid of his irrelevancy and eventual demise.

krtek a houby

Share knowledge, don't weaponize it
Interesting, though, isn't it, our assumption of the arts to be to the left? Mind you, Morrissey is just becoming a cantankerous old man afraid of his irrelevancy and eventual demise.
Indeed. There was a ripple of shock when Kate Bush was revealed to be a tory. Although, I don't believe she's one who'd have similar views to Morrissey.

I imagine it won't damage his long term legacy with The Smiths but it is a shame when this kind of thing happens. I shouldn't take it personally, of course, but there is a sense of being let down.