Is Kate Hoey as dreadful as she seems?

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by London_Calling, May 12, 2009.

1. London_Calling

London_Calling Pleasant and unpatronising

The (New!) Labour member for Vauxhall hasn’t come across terribly well the past couple of days. I recall her as Minister for Sport - perhaps in Blair’s first Cabinet - but otherwise she has pretty well passed me by. I think I might have avoided her in a subconscious way.

Is she a decent constituency MP with a poor media persona, have I done here a terrible injustice, is she the inner London, no-second-homer smug bitch she seems, or all three?

2. London_Calling

Blimey:

[​IMG]

Jack Straw and Kate Hoey in 1970 - Jack the Tax Dodger is on the left.

3. AnnO'Neemus

AnnO'Neemus Is so vanilla

Decent + politician? Nope. Does not compute. hth.

4. AnnO'Neemus

AnnO'Neemus Is so vanilla

I wish Craig Murray would stand against Jack Straw again. *sigh*

5. El Jefe

El Jefe .. the Rural Juror

her political career aside, I've met her and she's a shit

6. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie On a bit of break...

She used to be my MP. She's not a good constituency MP and she didn't reply to communications and she lost a lot of my documentation. Also when I worked for a voluntary organisation dealing with prisons and she was a Home Office minister she insisted that a matter we raised with her was nothing to do with her department when it was clearly documented that it was, so she didn't even know what her job actually was. Also when there were lots of shootings locally she said in the papers that every child should be taught to fire a gun which was a pretty stupid and insensitive thing to say.

[​IMG]

7. hipipol

hipipol Peckham Wry

She is a talking poo-sack, an no doubt Guvnor!!;)

8. vauxhallmum

vauxhallmum had to scrap the cheap car

Kate Hoey = heartless hunt supporter, sadly :(

9. Divisive Cotton

Divisive Cotton Now I just have my toy soldiers

She's passed you by?!

She'll be first of that lot up against he wall

A former member of the International Marxist Group who is now the Chair of the Countryside Alliance

She was one of the leading voices in Parliament against the Northern Ireland peace process and tried to undermine it whenever she could - she even used Unionist terminology such as "Sien Fein / IRA" in her speeches!

10. Divisive Cotton

Divisive Cotton Now I just have my toy soldiers

Where was this photograph taken? NUS?

11. London_Calling

Yes, NUS Con, 1970.

Proper sideburns in those days - and plug sockets.

12. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Motion of no confidence by Vauxhall Labour passes unanimously.

Calls for the whip to be removed and for her to be ruled ineligible as a future candidate.