Is Elon Musk the greatest visionary or the greatest snake oil salesman of our age?

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by tim, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Libertad

Libertad For every Tory a lampost

That's a shit spliff, it seems to be burning as if it's full of seeds.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Musk claims that company policy allows pot smokers to pass drug tests, though obviously it wouldn't be surprising if he's full of shit.

fishfinger likes this.
  3. DotCommunist

DotCommunist slowtime

he probably bough a shit pre roll from the shops. Apparently the non premium pre rolls there are shit and I doubt musk knows how to skin up anyway

this is quite interesting despite the title it goes a bit further. Interesting look at a black market being eaten by the machine. https://gizmodo.com/next-gen-baggies-are-transforming-legal-weed-1828384364

Libertad likes this.
  4. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

He's a massive twat but I reckon engineering a spliff is within his capabilities.

NoXion likes this.
  5. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

He reminds me of when my mum and dad split up and my dad asked my brother to get him some weed and he went to the Ministry of Sound.

eatmorecheese, Fez909, JimW and 6 others like this.
  6. magneze

magneze mnemonic beef

To get weed?!

7. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

A bit like a richer paul mason.

8. bellaozzydog

bellaozzydog rolling turds in glitter

Best set line up for an amazing story:D

Please tell me it went as funny as I hope it did

9. tommers

Ha, I didn't go but I just chatted to my brother about it and it sounds like it was quite the night. :D

Thing is he was probably about my age at the time :hmm:

Chilli.s likes this.
  10. Bahnhof Strasse

Bahnhof Strasse A-wob a-bob bob

He’s a Saffa, he can roll a spliff.

Yossarian likes this.
  11. ice-is-forming

ice-is-forming Well-Known Member

I haven't been paying attention to the elon musk phenomenon, but I listened to him on the Joe Rogan podcast and immediately got the strong impression that he may be on the ASD spectrum, aspergers.

12. tim

tim EXPLODED TIM! (Help me!!!)

He is shyster on the dodgyfucker spectrum

Rosemary Jest, Kaka Tim and campanula like this.
  13. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

I thought so too

ice-is-forming likes this.
  14. ice-is-forming

ice-is-forming Well-Known Member

I was interested because I hadn't seen a mention of it on this thread..

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  15. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

This isnt supposed to be a dig or a complaint because I often indulge in armchair diagnoses myself, but I think people are generally cautious about doing that with a range of conditions. Exceptions include psychopaths, sociopaths and narcissists, but not usually ASD. I'm sure there would have been comment on this theme if he had publicly talked about being an aspie.

16. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

17. Sue

Sue Well-Known Member

That doesn't seem very much, given the seriousness of the allegations, the fact they were so high profile and how rich Musk is...

mather, a_chap and Celyn like this.
  18. FridgeMagnet

As for ASD, personally I don’t think he is but I don’t think it’s relevant anyway. The problems with him come from Overindulged Capitalist Syndrome.

Rosemary Jest, NoXion, salem and 4 others like this.
  19. FridgeMagnet

True, not a lot is it? Particularly as libel damages always get reduced from the claimed amount.

20. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

I wonder what the thinking was to make the claim for that amount of money.

21. Jon-of-arc

Jon-of-arc Ransom'd, Stoopid & Roofless

From what I can tell, he's seeking unspecified punitive damages, as well as that amount in compensation.

Punitive is often where the real money kicks in in those massive American court cases. It could be a tactic to not look to greedy. The way John Grisham put it in one of his books, was for the lawyer to tell the jury "The point of punitive damages is to punish the defendant. If you or I were caught speeding, a $1,000 fine might be considered a big punishment. But what if you were a multi-billionaire? Is 1million punitive? 10million? 100million? How much do you have to award to actually make the defendant feel punished?" (Not word for word). According to the book, this type of tactic is often used and works very well.

22. tommers

Apparently 75k is the minimum amount in order to have the case. Its what you say even if you are going to ask for millions.

My impression of this diver fella is that he just wants his name cleared. Wouldn't be surprised if he gives it to charity.

equationgirl and Bahnhof Strasse like this.
  23. tim

tim EXPLODED TIM! (Help me!!!)

Meanwhile in a secret bunker somewhere in the Southof England another selfpublicising purveyor of home-made tech is staking his claim to Musk's crown. James Dyson has his own electric car being secretly tested to be unveiled in 2020 and to be available to the more gullible members of the public in 2021.
    My electric dreams: James Dyson tells of plans for 'silent city' of electric cars

One of the multitude of Johnsons told him to sey up his own University so jr did.

[​IMG]

Bond villains today ain't a patch on what they used to be

24. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Mine isn't. Mine is that he realises what a lucky fucker he is, that all his Christmases and birthdays have come at once and he's currently thinking about how he's going to spend his couple of million out of court settlement.

Nobody thinks that Musk genuinely thinks he's a paedophile. He's going for the dough, pure and simple. Good luck to him.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    seventh bullet, Fez909, Chz and 5 others like this.
  25. cantsin

cantsin Well-Known Member

or goes on a 12 month meth bender in Cambodia

tommers likes this.
  26. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

The $75k is just damages. What he reckons being called a nonce by Musk has directly cost him. He doesn't give a fuck about that. He's after the punitive award which in the US could run to tens of millions.

27. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

How do you know that?

28. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

Good luck to Mr Unsworth. Let's not forget who the shitbag here is.

NoXion, mauvais, Jon-of-arc and 2 others like this.
  29. emanymton

emanymton A cat politely sat on the flaming gardener.

So anyone got any ideas on how I could get Musk to call me a pedo?

30. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman It's all good, man

Tell him his cars are shit.