Iran and the nuclear issue..

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by weltweit, Sep 28, 2013.

1. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

So, Rouhani has stated Iran will never have nuclear weapons, and that in fact no state should have them, a probable dig at the USA and Israel.

In a different tack to Ahmadinejad, Rouhani seems keen to remove the sanctions on Iran and it seems he may let inspectors into the country to verify they have no military programs.

Is this charm offensive genuine, or a ruse to buy time in which Iran can complete its nuclear weapons program?

Of course there is no reason why Iran should not have nuclear power, and the NPT provides for the expansion of nuclear power. But do they have more centrifuges than are needed for power?

2. weltweit

Today Obama had a phone conversation with Rouhani, the first time US and Iranian presidents have spoken since 1979.

Ax^, Greebo and Barking_Mad like this.
  3. camouflage

camouflage perspective is the essence of wisdom.

Let's see if we can trace this idea that Iran has a single minded maniacal determination to pursue super weapons at all costs, where did it come from? Since when precisely did Iran become Blofeld? Listening to Netenyahoo the other day about Iran smiling and talking while continuing to work towards a bomb was really cringe... like a projection of some kind of crazy paranoia-soaked stereotype from the Scrolls of the Elders of Zion. I almost wonder if the Isreali regime believe the Iranians have secret ceremonies where they drink the blood of Jewish babies in an effort to refine uranium to weapons grade. If someone characterised the Isreali regime as they characterize Iran the conclusion would be (rightly) obvious... you're an anti-semitic fuckwit, now fuck off!

So Irans shiny new president gets up there in front of the UN and calmly explains that obviously the Holocaust happened, and that sort of thing being done against anyone is really just not on and that Irans not down with it. Then he explains that Iran doesn't want a nuke, has never wanted a nuke, has been saying all this time they don't want a nuke and by the way nobody in the Middle East (for a start) should have nukes... and furthermore please stop trying to starve our society to death for this bogus reason. Fair position in my opinion, the kind of thing you'd expect a president who's not a twat to want to say.

Hopefully we can finally leave the warmongering cartoon reality the US and Isreali regimes have been living in behind and start to move forward but I doubt it. I don't regard the Americans as benevolent actors, they're not the ones that had their democracy overthrown, made to live under a brutal foreign backed tyranny for years... overthrow that shit only to promptly find themselves in a war against a foreign backed dictator for 8 more years... and then years of sanctions and constant threats of more war by people who themselves weren't even signed up to or in compliance with the NPT. The Isrealis... well, I expect no better of em, they're essentially a white racist stronghold of Western colonialism, usefully-jewish and manifest-destinying their way to the Jordan river and to hell with the natives.

But it never ceases to amaze me why anyone thinks of the US as some sort of well meaning force for peace really (in the region or elswhere), the bare-faced gall of the crap they dump on the boots of the world and call rain. Is it they're money and power or what? The art of shaping reality or something I guess. Did anyone ever hear about the Grand Bargain Amadinajad offered Bush a few years ago that was dismissed out of hand? Look it up if not, it sez it all really. I don't even like theocracies but this is the bullshit pie we are expected to consume and say "hmmm, what is to be done about those troublesome Iranians?" with a straight face.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  4. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

5. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

haven't Irans HEP people been meeting with unfortunate accidents quite frequently? Shenanigans.

6. camouflage

DotCommunist

Aye, Isreal sponsored a terrorist death cult called the MEK to drive-by bomb em.

The US has since decided the MEK isn't a terrorist organisation afterall.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  7. weltweit

Overheard on the radio today that Rouhani's mother (with whom he is very close) chose his future wife when he was quite young and then later when he came of age told him to marry, which he did. Even now in her eighties she still calls him up and tells him what to do! :)

8. J Ed

J Ed Follow Back Pro Expropriation

Casually Red likes this.
  9. butchersapron

This is real:

J Ed likes this.
  10. butchersapron

Why did your naff fairy tail stop half way through?

11. camouflage

You'll get no argument from me as to the Islamic Republic being a shower of cunts. However war mongery fixes nothing, if anything it empowers the extremist ideologues inside Iran at the expense of the alternative. Besides our very close friends (&BFF!) In the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia are even more an absolute shower of cunts then are the relatively democratic Iran, as is slave-state Qatar and others. All of which is besides the point. .. bogus war mongering using nuclear fear tactics is absolute bollocks and I'm surprised at you... you're the guy on the left they talk about that eats up the imperial propaganda of the Great Rightwing Regime in the West and says fuck all as they seige and bomb, coup and terrorize. I wander if that asshole Tony 'The Grinning Butcher' Blair was once like you... Yes Saddam was a cunt, yet the lies took over a hundred thousand lives, and remains the gift that keeps giving even today. Worth it?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
    Casually Red and SikhWarrioR like this.
  12. camouflage

Fuck knows what you're on about here.

13. likesfish

likesfish officaly hardest and most tooled up urbanite:)

Obama wasnt very keen on bombing iran.
    Even the big military contractors have moved onto china way way more money in a new cold war than building kit to keep squaddies alive while occupying shit holes:D
    Plus stealth deathwave f547 doesnt even have to work

Greebo and camouflage like this.
  14. camouflage

Iran is no shit hole. A lot of places the West shits on aren't actually shit holes.

Don't underestimate the power of Israeli and Saudi lobbying against any deal with Iran by the way, very significant.

15. likesfish

likesfish officaly hardest and most tooled up urbanite:)

It would after a spot of shock and awe though:eek:

16. butchersapron

Read this post sober camo. Do you stand by it? If so, this is what happens when all you read is sci fi and comics and you live in a comic book world. Do some politics.

17. camouflage

:rolleyes: pointless talking to you, every response is a twanger.

Casually Red likes this.
  18. butchersapron

Alright coco?

19. camouflage

Coco, what does that mean?

Besides which I take it back in 2003 you also supported the invasion of Iraq because the muhabarat and chemical ali etc... I've seen you regurgitate the line on Syria that Assad has had over a hundred thousand Syrians butchered, meant to characterize a brutal civil war as Assads personal blood sport.

20. butchersapron

I think that you're going to have to back that up camo.

Odd this, i come in the thread laughing at the attack Iran brigade (which you, for some reason, like) then a few posts later i'm transformed into a defiler not only of Iran but also Iraq, then the court clears me but goes onto accuses me of having blood on my hands in Syria. I'm no even going to start on the keeping my mouth shut whilst what you probably see as some star wars type escapades in the middle east take place. Less sci-fi, more politics chewy.

21. camouflage

Utterly doolally. :confused:

22. butchersapron

Are you having some sort of crisis?

Can you offer a single line to back any of this oddness up? No. Of course you can't. Because you live in a sci-fi world with goodies and baddies and heroes.

23. Casually Red

Casually Red tomorrow belongs to me

he always does that . If you cant understand him then he thinks he looks cleverer than you and therefore wins on the internet

he also regularly does stuff like posting...and ? or..dont stop there after your posts, that type of stuff . Hell do it endlessly too. He has you marked down in his book now as an anti western imperialist, and therefore a wrongun .

camouflage likes this.
  24. butchersapron

It's his own posts that are causing him trouble here actually.

25. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Israel has started its desperate quest to change the current mood music over Iran with the exposure of an Iranian spy:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middl...t-alleged-iranian-spy-201392994530582753.html

26. Casually Red

Casually Red tomorrow belongs to me

Ahmadinejad is on record as saying the things are basically useless as nobody dares use one . At the same time Irans top clerics put out a fatwah declaring the weapons wholly contrary to Islam . Its enemies seized on this as evidence they were intent on building one, because they were intent on deceiving the world by telling lies ergo concealing the fact theyre building one .

The media rarely mention these accusations come from a rogue state with its own secret nuclear arsenal and a superstate with the distinction of being the only state which has ever used this horror weapon, on a virtually defeated enemy .

Greebo and camouflage like this.
  27. butchersapron

I trust people in power. You should too.

28. camouflage

Do you know anything about this new fella? Hopefully as well as foiling the war-mongers in the US, Saudi and Isreal he's a genuine reformer who can dial-it way down on the asshole factor in terms of the regimes treatment of it's people (rape of women and men as a political weapon? for fuck sake man). The only thing I can think of worse than the Islamic Republic right now is War and Saudi Arabia, in that order.

Peace and Reform, the sooner the whole region can stop fucking about (and being fucked about with) and get to making the place decent to live and raise kids in... the better. Bombs coups wars and cynical foreign meddling can fuck right off, that's my opinion.

29. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

That doesn't make them useless or undesirable. Never mind 'nobody dares use one', how about 'nobody dares attack a country that has them'? OK having nukes doesn't mean the prospect of low-level skirmishes are utterly eliminated, but it changes a lot of other equations.

camouflage and Greebo like this.
  30. weltweit

Hmm, didn't stop Argentina.. or was that a low level skirmish?

Greebo likes this.