iPad Music Apps. Stick 'em in here.

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by audiotech, Feb 6, 2012.

1. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

I tried, but I didnt want to pay for osculator and pd whatever its called, is mega complicated.

I gave up :D (im not very good so dont want to spend a fortune getting things to work I wont use much)......

2. audiotech

audiotech wav, aiff, mp3, ogg, flac

Wow, liking the tutorials for the Tractor app.

Which gives me an idea to purchase this, load up and mix some of the music I've produced myself and see what happens.

I maybe sometime. :)

3. Kanda

Kanda Diving wanker

Got the Traktor App, is pretty good.

4. audiotech

IK Multimedia have reduced the price for their Jimi Hendrix AmplTube app for guitarists and it's good. Bottom end particularly so.

£5.99 presently in the app store, with in app purchases, these are not that crucial to get this app up and running. The wah, wah upgrade comes free after registration.

This video features the iRig interface, via the headphone out, however, you can also use the 30 pin connector, via the power route. I'm using Apogee Jam that works fine too.

More from AmpliTube and the guitar tones you can create:

Recording with this app.

5. audiotech

I can highly recommend 'Audioshare' on the apps store. The sharing facility is a must have for musicians, including being able to access and share with other apps, create folders, as well as being able to normalise and trim audio. There is no other presently to match this and it's just £1.99 (on offer at £1.49).

You need this app.

electroplated likes this.
  6. audiotech

Mixtkl. Nice. :)

7. jusali

jusali Happy daze.....

Anyone tried isequence?

audiotech likes this.
  8. sim667

I got the trakor app on iphone, cant figure out how to set a cue point. I wanna play with the iphone version more before I get the ipad version.

Has anyone managed to use an ipad as a midi controller on here? Id love to use it for the remix decks for traktor on my mac before forking out for an f1 controller.

e2a: reading back it seems I've already asked.

9. sim667

I've got dubsiren on my ipad.

Im thinking about hooking it up to my proper dj setup just for the effects though :D

10. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

It's been a good couple of weeks for ipad synth lovers :D

11. audiotech

I had to get 'Thor' after hearing those fantastic tones you swine. ;)

Now listening to 'nave' and checking my credit limit. :D

12. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Yeah I'm poor at the moment so I'll save Nave for another time and have only just got my hands on Thor, just about to fire it up for the first time :D

13. baffled

baffled Well-Known Member

Traktor DJ is currently free for ipad/iPhone users.

Kid_Eternity and electroplated like this.
  14. audiotech

Novation Launchpad (for making beats and music).
    Novation Latchkey (synth).
    Both work in conjunction with each other.
    Developed by Focusrite. Also free presently.
    Both sound good:

15. audiotech

A quick run and test on the Novation synth and beat app above and they work great together. On an iPad2.

16. FunkyUK

FunkyUK u=5337

I'm really fucking pissed off about this cos I actually shelled out 13 quids on this last fucking Sunday, after umming and arring for months about shelling out 13 quid on an app. :D

..... And just wanted to post on this thread to let you all know you can get it for free ATM, but apparently you already know :)

17. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

A new midi step sequencer:

My mini review:

Really annoying because its got a load of really great features, but it is a really lazy port to the iPad. By this I mean everything is too small, even on a normal iPad let alone a mini, and unless you have a very delicate touch you end up having to use the zoom features. Lots of nice presets and features though. Makes me want to write my own sequencer that has similar features but a UI optimised for the iPad, although I doubt I will have time to do it (made a start but getting bored with developing it already, fickle elbows)

18. audiotech

19. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

I've always loved Voice Synth and now it supports Audiobus I thought I would post this video (perhaps not for the first time).

20. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

This looks quite handy for midi control of other apps:

One for fans of modular synths:

21. audiotech

This looks good, which uses some of the new features built into i07

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  22. audiotech

And while were at it for a limited time, iMPC is on sale at just $4.99

23. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Yeah. Thereare only a handful of apps that support inter-app audio so far, but in some ways I prefer the workflow & controls to audiobus.

In terms of hosts, as far as I know there is just tabletop and looptical so far. The next update of beatmaker is supposed to have it, as will the next version of cubasis.

There is a list of all apps here, but its a few days out of date at the moment (e.g. no tabletop): http://www.iosmusician.com/app-lists/inter-app-audio

24. sim667

Any suggestions for drum sequencing stuff? Ive been trying to make breakcore in ableton, but its doing my head in.

25. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

26. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Wahey I shall have some fun tonight, for Voice Synth have an update out that supports plenty of inter-app audio functionality and restores Audiobus support (which was previously disabled for this app in iOS 7 due to issues).

Kid_Eternity likes this.
  27. audiotech

The favorite from old, the iMPC.

Have a look at Beat Machine on the app store, as that looks and sounds cool.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    sim667 likes this.
  28. baffled

baffled Well-Known Member

GarageBand has gone free though you'll have to pay for additional sounds and instruments.

29. electroplated

electroplated off minehead

30. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Apparently Moog apps are on sale at the moment. And Filtatron has audiobus support now, ooh I'll be having fun with that this weekend.