iPad Music Apps. Stick 'em in here.

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by audiotech, Feb 6, 2012.

1. audiotech

audiotech wav, aiff, mp3, ogg, flac

Here's an interesting one I came across - the 'Animoog':

2. audiotech

'Samplewiz'. Just had a play around with this and it's appears to be a pretty good sampler - some great tones:

3. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

4. audiotech

5. audiotech

I'm liking the Stochastik Drum Machine I mentioned above. Good quality drum samples and with its unique programming features make this a bargain at £2.99.

6. audiotech

Interesting use of an iPad and synth with knobs on:

7. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

Figure from Proppelerhead is really nice. Very easy to use and sounds great.

If only you could save what you create!

8. audiotech

9. 43mhz

43mhz doh!

Everyday Looper - entertaining instructional video.. great version of Footloose around 7 minutes in..

Can't wait for this app.. looks incredible from demo video..

http://www.modulationindex.com/

10. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

Rebirth £8.99

11. sim667

meta.dj - £13.99

12. sim667

Reactable mobile.

13. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Beatsurfing midi controller app where you can create the layout using the iPad itself:

14. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

This drum machine looks rather nice, will try it myself later.

15. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

I'm getting rather excited about audiobus which is about to be released (10th December = tomorrow apparently) and will allow audio apps to be chained together in various ways. The number of supported apps is somewhat limited for the launch but its still not a bad start and should grow nicely over time.

http://audiobus.tumblr.com/post/37118123240/audiobus-launch-on-december-10th

audiotech likes this.
  16. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Ahh, its awesome and seems to work really well. Has also introduced me to loads of apps I didnt own already, goodbye money, hello fun :)

Oh hello, my fetish for feeding synths through guitar effects comes to the ipad :)

17. audiotech

audiobus is one helluva find elbows and a must for any muso. Takes music on an iPad to a different level - a bloomin' great leap forward in fact. I'm rocking to ReBirth, whilst tapping away merrily on Sunriser synth's keys. :)

18. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Another illustration of what it can do:

audiotech likes this.
  19. electroplated

electroplated off minehead

20. audiotech

Drat, paid for that ^ app a while ago. :( Tis good though. :)

Part two of the above, which deserves posting. My music app purchases are gonna go through the roof this month. :D

21. audiotech

22. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

For the less audio talented Figure is quite a bit of fun now on iPad.

[​IMG]

23. audiotech

Just come across this and I'm tempted:

24. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Given its price I am glad that is well beyond my needs and capabilities! Plus I'm trying to avoid anything that hasnt been updated to include audiobus support yet just in case there is a frustrating wait for the update. I suspect that a combination of the app called 'Multitrack DAW' and a variety of other audiobus apps will give me a more flexible equivalent of the Auria features that I do have a use for.

25. audiotech

Early days for the 'Auria' methinks, some issues to sort out and the in-app prices are not cheap. Went for 'Mutitrack DAW'. Works as shown in the video posted, with both the effects and drum apps running. This, on an iPad2. The recorded audio is of good quality. Not recorded using an interface as yet.

26. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

I do suspect that both Auria and certain combinations of apps used simultaneously via audiobus are going to rather show up the fact that the ipads have somewhat limited hardware power, which is obviously something beyond developers control so long as their app is as optimised as it can be.

I can live with these constraints as it also helps me focus on achieving something, and boy do I appreciate having a computing device with no fan noise. But over time I'm going to be hankering for more CPU power & RAM.

27. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

BeatMaker 2 also has some potential for the recording side of the equation, but I dont think the version that has proper audiobus support it out yet. I've seen some confusion about this on the internet as it seems the last update made it show up in audiobus for some people, but not working like we expect audiobus-enabled apps to do.

A race against time now to see which apps that have pretty much finished their audiobus integration but arent live yet get their updates approved before the Christmas holidays lead to quite a number of days where Apples app approval pipeline will grind to a complete halt.

28. audiotech

I'll correct myself. I have used an audio interface, 'Apogee Jam' and recorded guitar parts using Apple's own 'GarageBand'. There was no discernible interference/hiss/noise heard at all. Reading reviews before I made this purchase, iRig, according to a fair few musicians, was then problematic in this department.

29. audiotech

Heads-up! 'Loopy HD' is reduced by 50% in the App Store for the 'Audiobus' update. Just had a mess around and at £2.99 it's a bargain.

30. Citizen66

Citizen66 splash the cistern

£2.49 ...