iOS 12

Discussion in 'computers, web and general tech' started by planetgeli, Oct 5, 2018.

1. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

So, where you’ve got used to pressing the ?123 button for numerals etc, they’ve now replaced that space with the LOL, sorry, emoji button.

Twats.

Throbbing Angel and editor like this.
  2. discobastard

discobastard _______\+/_______

How so? I’ve always had both since I installed emojis a number of years ago.
    [​IMG]

3. planetgeli

Well I 'updated' yesterday and now on my IPad those two bottom left buttons are reversed. Causing me to bring up the stupid emoji page whenever I want numerals etc.

4. discobastard

discobastard _______\+/_______

That would do my head in

5. planetgeli

Yep.

6. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

The iPad keyboard has been fucked up since iOS 11. Haven’t installed 12 on it yet. Glad to hear they’ve fucked it up even more.

7. cybershot

8. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

It has turned sound on for loads of my notifications. Very annoying.

9. Lepton

Lepton tiny tiny brain man

Far to late for my wife she has now turned to android

10. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

I have a google keyboard installed on my iphone. Its much better.

Very few people realise you can install custom keyboards, I've got the google one installed and a pgp keyboard.

Throbbing Angel likes this.
  11. dervish

dervish if you flibble when you wibble, don't wobble

Google keyboard is very much better, but I do like the press and swipe to get numbers feature of the ios keyboard, it does make it quicker to put in one or two numbers.

Throbbing Angel likes this.
  12. sarahjo

sarahjo Active Member

I have this issue with my iPhone 7. The IOS 12 is successfully downloaded on the device, but when I press Install it shows a pop up "verifying" and then nothing happens. The device has enough memory+I have also done the force restart, along with a factory reset. Still the device is not able to install the latest IOS 12.
    If anyone knows what could be the issue and how to resolve?

TIA

13. cybershot

Device settings -> General -> iPhone storage.

Delete the update, and let it download it again.

14. Throbbing Angel

Throbbing Angel it's a very pretty colour this ambulance, isn't it

Aye - I always install Google's Keyboard, so, meh.
    #Gboard
    #iPad
    #Twats

‎Gboard – the Google Keyboard

15. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

I can't get sound turned off for my keystrokes on swiftkey. Bloody annoying!

16. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

Have to say the claims about iOS 12 speeding up devises is true ime. My iPhone X has had a nice little bump but my 2018 iPad (6gen non pro) is blazingly fast now (and wasn't exactly a slug before)!!

17. dervish

dervish if you flibble when you wibble, don't wobble

Since I have installed ios12 on my ipad pro it's lagging massively when I go into settings, occasionally it will also quit an application without warning. I haven't noticed any real speed bump either TBH.

18. cybershot

It's brought some extra life to my iPad Air, thank god, it was becoming painful to use, I don't expect it will get iOS 13, so if it goes out like it currently is, then it will have had a good innings and still be useable for simple stuff.

Kid_Eternity likes this.
  19. cybershot

Just found this after searching to see if Spotify had added functionality for Siri shortcuts yet.

Someone’s took on the challenge themselves and done a bloody good job of it.