1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Inter City 125"!!!

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Dulwich Mishi, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

What's all this about? Well we're asking you to jump on board the "Inter City 125" fundraising campaign that will take Dulwich Hamlet all the way to Hamburg, for a pre-season tour in 2018!

Hopefully this thread will be the one we're allowed to keep you informed of what's happening on here.

Our launch event is a Quiz Night on Wednesday 4th March at 7.30pm, in the bar.

Full details here, on the Official Club website: http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/news/all-aboard-the-inter-city-125-express-1382394.html

2. Dulwich Mishi

3. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

I'll be there with a few others.

pompeydunc likes this.
  4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

5. Dulwich Mishi

Thank you...tried, not sure if it loaded up. Was in a public library trying to do so...the 'wheely thing' just kept on going round.

6. Dulwich Mishi

The ten rounds of ten questions tonight will be....come on, drum roll at home!....
    ONE: Fictional football. TWO: London. THREE: Captial cities. FOUR: Entertainment. FIVE: Football people (picture round) SIX: Football grounds (picture round) SEVEN: Literature. EIGHT: Local History. NINE: Question of Sport. TEN: Music.
    If you're wavering...surely that little teaser has made you want to pop along!

EDC likes this.
  7. Scutta

Scutta Live Fast Die Bizarre

Hope it went well!?

8. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

I enjoyed it, especially seeing Duncan and his team drop down the table into oblivion the longer the night went on.

Scutta and sankara like this.
  9. Dulwich Mishi

I thought I'd start again with this thread...we now enter the crucial stage of fundraising, with one year left before our trip.

The current total, prior to the final totals of the sponsored walk to Wingate & Finchley, which took place in April, is around the five thousand pounds mark.

I expect the walk to add another grand to £1,500 to that...but money is still to come in pre-season from some of the walkers, as they have been collecting pledges over the summer. We shall publicise the total raised, for both the 'Inter City 125' and 'Shelter' sometime in July or August, when we know it.

Our initial target is/was £8,000; which covers all of the expenses for the full First Team squad, travel, accommodation and so on...

I shall be sitting down at the start of the season with a couple of other fans to number crunch, to see how our estimated target works, and whether we will need to revise it, or juggle things about, post-Brexit, with the subsequent weaker pound against the euro.

In late May I was over in Hamburg, I was extremely fortunate & honoured to see them get promoted via their play-off season to level four of the German Pyramid, and next season they will compete in the Regionaliga Nord.

I had a meeting with one of their fans, who is helping to co-ordinate things from their end, as well as one of their Club officials, and if you never saw it on the official Club website, here are the confirmed dates:

Summer 2018 trip to Hamburg DATES CONFIRMED - News - Dulwich Hamlet Football Club

I shall be co-ordinating several more fundraisers over the coming season, and welcome any help and ideas from anyone else out there.

Many thanks.

Jimbob73, Ronco, otzenpunk and 4 others like this.
  10. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Great work. As usual.

11. Al Cunningham

Al Cunningham Brockley Hamlet

I take it that Altona will show the England v Germany World Cup final in the bar later that evening (July 15th)

Pink Panther, clog, otzenpunk and 3 others like this.
  12. Dulwich Mishi

I'm somehow think that is extremely provisional... ;)

13. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Imagine if it happens though?

An ex-workmate of mine was a youth team player at Brighton & Hove Albion in 1966. The Bundesliga began the day after the World Cup Final and it was customary for matches to feature a youth team game as a curtain raiser. Brighton & HA Youth flew out on the Saturday evening after the World Cup Final to play Borussia Dortmund Youth in a "friendly" before a Bundesliga fixture. They lost 0-3 and were glad just to get out in one piece!

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  14. clog

clog have that you c

The only way I can do this trip is if I bring my kids along... could be interesting!!!

15. Dulwich Mishi

I know quite a few Hamlet fans with younger children are planning to make this a family break, so you wouldn't be the only one to bring the kids.

clog likes this.
  16. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

I'm hoping to tag this onto a family holiday next year, 'kids' will be 14 & 18 :)

17. clog

clog have that you c

Mine will be 11 and 9 so a slightly different proposition.... :)

18. Jamie Wyatt

Jamie Wyatt Well-Known Member

I was going to take Lily (5) & Wife but it's in school term time so... will be just me now! :eek:

19. clog

clog have that you c

Isn't it over the weekend??

20. Jamie Wyatt

Jamie Wyatt Well-Known Member

Yes but not being able to leave until after school on Friday and having to be back on the Sunday evening doesn't really appeal to me...

21. clog

clog have that you c

I guess... but for me it will be that or don't go.

May well end up being not going tbh. :(

22. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

B.I.G childminding service has good reviews

darryl, Pink Panther, clog and 2 others like this.
  23. YTC

YTC Human Man

Your kids are rum tolerant, right?

24. vicarofsibley

vicarofsibley 80087355

Can vouch for this.

25. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Saturday 14th will be my 40th birthday...

26. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Sounds like there's enough here for a half time kids penalty shoot out versus Altona's finest...

otzenpunk and clog like this.
  27. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

It's always me me me