'Inter City 125' Race Night Sat. 20/1/2018

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Dulwich Mishi, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

This will be held in the bar, first race at 7.00pm, in the bar after the Merstham home game.
    So you can go home at the final whistle and come back, or stay drinking in the bar until the fun starts.

For those of you who don't know how a race night works, it's done on a Tote system, where the payout is based on the amount of tickets sold for each horse.

The races are films of obscure races from around the world, and in effect you are betting on a colour or the name of a gee gee, as it's all really based on luck.

What we're after -make that what I'm after- is for people to come forward and sponsor the horses and races. As well as the Tote, this is how we make our money on the night, with every penny getting our Hamlet squad closer to Hamburg for this what I am sure will be a 'once in a lifetime' trip next July.

A Race Sponsor gets to name the Race after their own company, product or themselves & this will cost thirty pounds per race, of which there will be eight.

In each race there will be eight runners, and you can sponsor a horse for ten pounds a pop, and you will get your name as well as being able to pick a horse name.

All the sponsors and names will be listed in the official Race Card, which will be sold on the night for a nominal fee, whilst being handed free of charge to all sponsors.

If you want to be a sponsor then please see myself, Mishi Morath, at the game at home to Leiston on Saturday, or behind the goal at t****g on Boxing Day.

Many thanks to you all, please put the date in your diary.

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

By the title, I thought it was going to involve people getting a train to race to a bar somewhere!

3. Dulwich Mishi

Well if people don't like this night they can always arrange that...! :)

4. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

I thought it was going to be a UKIP meeting ;)

I shall be there and it will be my birthday.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  5. Dulwich Mishi

Marvellous..the drunker you are the more money you will spend! ;)

Fingers likes this.
  6. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

Ah these are excellent, I've not been one for years since they tarted up the railway in Streatham. Deffo in for this.

7. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

Ditto

8. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

To be honest, I would love to see an Intercity 125 race. Marvelous beasts they are.

9. Dulwich Mishi

10. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Well-Known Member

+1 to the 'disappointed this isn't about trains' gang.

11. Dulwich Mishi