Indyref 2

Discussion in 'Scotland/Alba' started by weepiper, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Sasaferrato

Sasaferrato T'agba ta ti de, a ma yo ogunja.

It has tripled in price.

Cheap whisky, supermarket own brands etc is now a minimum of £14.00 a bottle, about a £2.50 increase.

The fucking hypocrites of the SNP screamed blue murder about the Chancellor raising the price of whisky by 36p, because it would damage the industry.
    When I queried my MSP as to what a £2.50 increase would do, I had to threaten her with a formal complaint before she finally admitted, yes it would damage the industry, but it will (probably may) save a few lives each year.

Mrs Sas's comment on the matter I feel is a very valid point, she commented that more children will go hungry as a result of this deeply flawed policy.

2. Poi E

Poi E Pessimism: a valuable protection against quackery.

Hey sas will you move when Scotland goes independent?

3. Sasaferrato

It isn't going to happen, but yes, we would move.

4. danny la rouge

danny la rouge beneath the paving stones, a layer of hardcore

Where to?

5. Sasaferrato

England or Wales.

6. danny la rouge

I thought you might have somewhere picked out in the Marche region of Italy.

7. Sasaferrato

? :confused:

8. danny la rouge

Italian town.

9. Sasaferrato

:D

Very apt.

I would up sticks and head for somewhere warm in a heartbeat, Mrs Sas would not though. She feels it is the wrong time of life to move away from the familiar.

She's probably right. :(

Never mind, I'll keep buying a ticket, one never knows... somewhere to be for the Winter months would be nice.

10. danny la rouge

If money was no object I'd go to Cork or Barga. Or both.

11. Poi E

No serious opposition to the Yes movement, unlike 2014. People in England don't give a shit as England heads towards it's own reckoning with London. Can't be long before the first populist English politician starts to say "cast them loose" while also adopting "End London Rule".

12. redsquirrel

redsquirrel This Machine Kills Progressives

Hang on, when Sturgeon flew the idea of a second referendum it was unpopular enough that it was quickly killed off/postponed.

13. danny la rouge

There's also no serious momentum to a pro indy movement. There's no appetite. And outside of the pro indy activist bubble, people just don't see the relevance. It's true that the Scottish Tories are dipping and Scottish Labour is still in the doldrums, so there may well be a pro-indy majority in Holyrood in 2021. But that's not the same as creating a pro indy majority in the population, which is after all what would be needed.

And the Growth Commission has not set the heather alight. Iain Macwhirter: Come back George Osborne, all is forgiven | HeraldScotland

14. Poi E

Fucking dour Scots and their relentlessly upbeat attitude about the future Scots 'more optimistic about future'

Survey results not at all surprising. Life in England often involves misty-eyed nostalgia.

15. Poi E

Wife and I will be on the Stirling to Bannockburn indy march next weekend:thumbs:
    Sas: see you there?

16. Sasaferrato

If the pigs fly, and hell freezes over, then yes. :)

Poi E likes this.