Industrial music and its relationship(??) to fascism

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by frogwoman, Feb 20, 2011.

1. killer b

killer b Nostrofuckingdamus

I can't imagine there's enough money in it to support your lavish lifestyle tbh butch.

2. killer b

killer b Nostrofuckingdamus

They've all got day jobs apart from a few of the big boys. I bet Douglas P works for the DWP.

3. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

The jeweaucracy you mean.

Pickman's model likes this.
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I think a lot of the big lads got some hefty cheques back in the World Serpent Days. Plus their own mailorder/merch.

It was rumoured that Tibet bought his first house with one and of course Steve Stapleton hoofed it to Ireland on the back of that Soliloquy for Lilith boxset. (Plus Tibet obviously comes from money anyway)

Coil were subsidised by Sleazy doing adverts for airlines and McDonalds.

Some of the 2nd division ones did OK out of property.

P-Orridge was always a bit hand to mouth but certainly never had a job.

Bower is on benefits afaik.

Gary from Ramleh was/is some kind of legal clerk.

Boyd Rice scrounges off him mum, friends and unfortunate girlfriends.

Cold Spring has been Justin's primary source of income since the early 90s afaik.

5. ouchmonkey

ouchmonkey Singe Gainsbourg

In a way I'd kind of hate to see them go down, but I've had several testy exchanges with people and promoters over Cold Spring in the past and everyone seems blind to the problem.
    Always "he's a nice guy, he's not political" and "look Z'ev was happy to be on the label - it can't be all that bad"
    they seem to be trading increasingly on stuff that's just one step away from bootlegs of obscure recordings by better known artists these days as well...

6. ouchmonkey

ouchmonkey Singe Gainsbourg

they didn't bang on about it much, for whatever reason, but last time I was having this chat about how Coil never seemed to get pressed on their more dubious associations a mate produced an interview with Sleazy where was he was completely clear that they distanced themselves from Boyd Rice as he became more stridently right wing and those ideas were nothing they wanted any part of and that he personally found them ridiculous and harmful.

but yeah, it's hardly something they made it easy to be sure of