Industrial music and its relationship(??) to fascism

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by frogwoman, Feb 20, 2011.

1. killer b

killer b Nostrofuckingdamus

I can't imagine there's enough money in it to support your lavish lifestyle tbh butch.

2. killer b

They've all got day jobs apart from a few of the big boys. I bet Douglas P works for the DWP.

3. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

The jeweaucracy you mean.

Pickman's model likes this.
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I think a lot of the big lads got some hefty cheques back in the World Serpent Days. Plus their own mailorder/merch.

It was rumoured that Tibet bought his first house with one and of course Steve Stapleton hoofed it to Ireland on the back of that Soliloquy for Lilith boxset. (Plus Tibet obviously comes from money anyway)

Coil were subsidised by Sleazy doing adverts for airlines and McDonalds.

Some of the 2nd division ones did OK out of property.

P-Orridge was always a bit hand to mouth but certainly never had a job.

Bower is on benefits afaik.

Gary from Ramleh was/is some kind of legal clerk.

Boyd Rice scrounges off him mum, friends and unfortunate girlfriends.

Cold Spring has been Justin's primary source of income since the early 90s afaik.

5. ouchmonkey

ouchmonkey Singe Gainsbourg

In a way I'd kind of hate to see them go down, but I've had several testy exchanges with people and promoters over Cold Spring in the past and everyone seems blind to the problem.
    Always "he's a nice guy, he's not political" and "look Z'ev was happy to be on the label - it can't be all that bad"
    they seem to be trading increasingly on stuff that's just one step away from bootlegs of obscure recordings by better known artists these days as well...

6. ouchmonkey

ouchmonkey Singe Gainsbourg

they didn't bang on about it much, for whatever reason, but last time I was having this chat about how Coil never seemed to get pressed on their more dubious associations a mate produced an interview with Sleazy where was he was completely clear that they distanced themselves from Boyd Rice as he became more stridently right wing and those ideas were nothing they wanted any part of and that he personally found them ridiculous and harmful.

but yeah, it's hardly something they made it easy to be sure of

Dom Traynor likes this.
  7. killer b

8. chilango

chilango Neither Westminster nor Brussels....

9. Fozzie Bear

Not sure what it’s got to do with industrial music but Nina has started hanging out with a couple of dodgy people. Also has apparently made some comments that some people felt were transphobic (which i’ve not seen).

That blog post is anonymous, weird and doesn’t provide evidence for many of its claims though.

chilango likes this.
  10. killer b

There was reference to her praising death in June in the blog and she writes for the wire so it seemed the appropriate place...

11. Fozzie Bear

Yeah fair point.

It’s a tedious 90 minute video and she does say at the end of it that DIJ and Laibach do useful stuff interrogating totalitarian aesthetics. This is part of a wider discussion including a dismissal of far right groups using “plausible deniability” as a defence mechanism.

This is obviously bollocks and I found it quite troubling.

dialectician likes this.
  12. Fozzie Bear

The stuff about the hand gestures and links to O9A are pushing it quite a lot though.

13. sunnysidedown

sunnysidedown caput mortuum

edit: just finished watching all of that, they’re like edgy sixth-form students. Somewhat surprised at NP hanging out on there, last time I heard her was a talk she gave about police brutality, although that was a while ago.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    Fozzie Bear likes this.
  14. dialectician

dialectician The Main Enemy is at home.

well the k-punk lot were oversold. always less interesting than those championing them made them out to be. yeah heresy in the london left but I'm not writing about eco grime for red bull lol. never speak ill of the dead but that much i think is true...

Reynolds is my guy.

Fozzie Bear likes this.
  15. sunnysidedown

sunnysidedown caput mortuum

And the ominous presence of Nick Land's cold muculent tentacles through a lot of this stuff.

Fozzie Bear and dialectician like this.
  16. butchersapron

How tawdry. A Colin Wilson phase in your middle age rather than when you're a 14 year old jitter. Still I expect these types never had the normal teenage years. Being gifted like.

Reminds me of when my dad started taking e and acid in his 50s because he read about in my nme.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    killer b, Fozzie Bear and Dom Traynor like this.
  17. Fozzie Bear

18. chilango

chilango Neither Westminster nor Brussels....

It's very long and. I kinda lost my way pretty early on.

19. dialectician

basically dc miller introduced her to paganism by the sounds of it.

20. killer b

My uncle did this when I was 16. He turned up at my folks house on a Sunday morning all fucked and wearing tie-dye trousers - spent the next hour telling me out of the corner of his mouth how fucked he was while my parents pretended not to notice.

splonkydoo and crossthebreeze like this.
  21. butchersapron

And the politics bit still has not appeared.

22. crossthebreeze

crossthebreeze Well-Known Member

YouTube just suggested to me a DIJ remix by I Hate Models -from 2016 also

23. copliker

copliker ...

Second part up. She shouldn't have bothered.

Cancelled

crossthebreeze and Fozzie Bear like this.
  24. dialectician

I hate I hate models (lol.) some people wanted to take the ebm/trance resurrection too far and this is what we were left with. should have revived more freestyle and 80s miami electro but hey that's just me. state of techno 2019.