Industrial music and its relationship(??) to fascism

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by frogwoman, Feb 20, 2011.

1. killer b

killer b Nostrofuckingdamus

I think I preferred the neo-fascist posturing of his contemporaries tbh

redsquirrel and fishfinger like this.
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  3. rutabowa

rutabowa LOSE IT

Would it be fair to say a band that lists death in June and Boyd rice as influences on their Facebook page are probably dodgy?

4. redsquirrel

redsquirrel This Machine Kills Progressives

Well certainly worth a raised eyebrow, could just mean musically. But you'd think anyone not a twat would make it clear that while they admired the music such people they didn't share their politics.

5. rutabowa

rutabowa LOSE IT

It is this band Deadcuts which is some guys from senseless things, just 1 of the band was in this terrible film I had the misfortune to watch last night called "the second coming" (it also had pete Doherty and Kim fowley in it) which had Boyd rice and the occult and runes and swastikas in it, which made me think "did these guys know what kind of film they were getting in to? (utter brain dead pretentious shite).

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  6. killer b

A quick read of an interview with one of them suggests he's a bit thick tbh. I don't think you can read too much into it without a bit more - a lot of people have a (sometimes wilful) blind spot around this stuff too.

7. redsquirrel

redsquirrel This Machine Kills Progressives

Sounds like a true classic

8. rutabowa

rutabowa LOSE IT

It was the worst film I'd say I've ever watched. Kim fowley and pete Doherty were the highlights.

I'd say killer b is right and most people involved were more stupid/pretentious than anything else

9. rutabowa

rutabowa LOSE IT

10. killer b

Gosh. Working with that freak is a bit more damning than listing boyd as an influence tbh.

11. Lorca

Lorca Somebody after all, had to make a start

I noticed that a label from Barcelona is releasing a compilation album to support GPO, who, as you probably know, has been diagnosed with Leukaemia. One of the artists are 'Der Blutharsche,' who I think have been mentioned on this thread - does anyone know if they, or indeed anyone else on the record are a fascist group. Am thinking of purchasing said album, would be a good way to support him/her, albeit in a tiny way.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  12. Lorca

Lorca Somebody after all, had to make a start

oops, sorry, pics were bigger than anticipated!

13. Fozzie Bear

Der Blutarsch are the only obviously dodgy group on there to me.

Tracks 5, 6 and 8 are by people who are basically sound afaik. Not really heard of the rest.

Pickman's model likes this.
  14. ouchmonkey

ouchmonkey Singe Gainsbourg

in other Der Blutharsch news they're releasing a split with White Hills.
    turns out it's not the first either there was one years ago.
    I don't know this 'cos I'm not that big a fan of White Hills
    it does seem, at the very least, disappointing though

Fozzie Bear likes this.
  15. Fozzie Bear

So.

There's another thread on the National Action, the proscribed UK neo-nazi group here.

A lot of fuss in the press has been made about Claudia Patatas and her partner Adam Thomas, the NA members whose baby had the middle name of Adolf.

Patatas and Thomas were convicted of belonging to a proscribed group on Monday and await sentencing.

What has now emerged is that Patatas had links with Death In June and a number of other neofolk groups.

Tumblr

That site includes pictures of Patatas posing with Douglas P and states that her previous partner was Death In June's tour driver.

Patatas also apparently took the cover photos of a few Death In June releases.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  16. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

17. Fozzie Bear

18. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

I do hope it gets a bit deeper than 'roundup' though. What do we know about the writer? It's clear they've read the same stuff as us for a start.

19. killer b

If you google industrial music + fascism, this thread is number 1 hit. It's probably a primary source for anyone writing on the topic...

20. killer b

21. Fozzie Bear

Yeah that was good I thought and the researching of the piece seems to have put the wind up a few people too.

22. killer b

I like United Bible Studies and had no idea about the neo-nazi satanist member. TBF looks like hardly anyone else did too, but...

23. sunnysidedown

sunnysidedown caput mortuum

24. killer b

Well, I guess that's what I've always thought of most of the people we've talked about on this thread, but there's a good point made at the end of the piece:

As Robert Evans noted in a recent Bellingcat article: "one of the more frustrating elements about covering the fascist right is that much of what they say sounds ridiculous and makes them appear less than serious. This is why it is important to remember that these groups have a body count and represent a real threat. Their absurdity does not negate their danger."

crossthebreeze likes this.
  25. dialectician

dialectician The Main Enemy is at home.

i think regis did a dij remix/edit in 2016 (bit hard to say he's still a bit thick isn't it?) I guess he's techno rock n roll hall of fame these days though.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    crossthebreeze likes this.
  26. Fozzie Bear

Untitled-1.jpg

27. butchersapron

Friendship ended with lots on here then.

Is this just not the same old troupe under diff colours over and over though?

I mean it's literally connections to an existing small unit of adhered people for 30-40 years rather than any new blood.

edit: obv this one is getting closer to home.

28. Fozzie Bear

Yes, the old guard. I think younger people who want to be all edgy do black metal stuff these days.

I actually dragged MellySingsDoom along to see Skullflower in 2015 and Andrew King was the "secret support" which was uncomfortable. Also Skullflower were complete shit. Samantha was wearing a Boyd Rice / NON t-shirt.

29. butchersapron

All satanic/nazi rituals are shit and boring. They need a tea facility.

30. Fozzie Bear

Actually it occurs to me that shortly after this a few people contacted me to ask about whether they should support Skullflower at a gig or not, so it's been building for a while. I think most sane people are just losing patience with all the benefit of the doubt for transgressive artists schtick.