1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In special measures: Manchester United 16/17

Discussion in 'football' started by chilango, Jun 8, 2016.

1. TruXta

TruXta Tired

Christ, talk about chucking your toys out of the pram. Grow up fgs.

Wilf, Spymaster and Badgers like this.
  2. Wilf

Wilf 8% Beach Ready

Anderlecht then.

3. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

It's a relatively weak competition and Utd would be unfortunate not to win it. Celta and Lyon are the most attractive teams from what I have seen and Lyon in particular had a really good win over the two legs against Roma. Mourinho dismissed any merit Chelsea winning this competition when he took over from Benitez but times have changed for both him and Man Utd and I think he would see it as would a welcome trophy and some sort of benchmark for his first year.

BCBlues likes this.
  4. Wilf

Wilf 8% Beach Ready

Yep, it really would be progress for united to win or get to the final of the Europa league. Top 4 is still possible though, without looking, I imagine they have to play most of the other top teams in the next few weeks. All the talk of 'enemies' was ridiculous, but the injuries, fixtures and suspensions are mounting. Mourhino's problem is he can't prioritise Europa or Prem as routes into the CL next year, has to fight on both fronts. Admittedly, a problem most teams would love to have, bit it does put them at a disadvantage vis a vis the 5 teams above.

BCBlues likes this.
  5. The39thStep

Easiest route to the CL is the Europa even though it means playing in the qualifiers which also applies to fourth place. CL qualification is a positive in recruiting players which Mourinho will demand.

6. Joe Reilly

Joe Reilly Well-Known Member

You mean apart from this thread?

7. The39thStep

As Mourinho observed

imposs1904 likes this.