1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In special measures: Manchester United 16/17

Discussion in 'football' started by chilango, Jun 8, 2016.

1. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Meat Raffle

dick advocaat...

2. not-bono-ever

was that the Rod Stewart stuff?

3. Wilf

Wilf 8% Beach Ready

Always sounds like a slightly insanitary egg based drink to me. But tonight, our boys took one hell of a beating. :(

4. not-bono-ever

theres a pun in there somewhere

5. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

C'mon, lets have your nominations for October goal of the month!

Dandred likes this.
  6. chilango

chilango rdgXhc

Dragged in one from the U23s and one from the U18s to the make up the numbers on the official poll :D

Nice to see Chong in action.

7. hipipol

hipipol Peckham Wry

Isnt it normally made from eggs and stuff??? Not members?
    Vile drink anyway.....

8. Wilf

Wilf 8% Beach Ready

What's going on with Carrick then (supposedly the best midfielder, provides stability, allows Pogba to play well etc)? In interviews yesterday Mouhino came out with the 'he's too old to play more games' line again. Surely he's fit enough to play in more games than he does?

I very rarely see United live or even full matches on telly, but managers over the last couple of years have also been asked 'why are you not playing Carrick'. Just from reports I get the impression he gives a couple of good performances and then either plays badly or drifts out of a game. Is that the case? Even if it is he still looks like a good option with his ability to get the ball forward.

9. Wilf

Wilf 8% Beach Ready

Pretty good tonight, getting the passing together most of all in the second half. Mikhitarian was biggest positive for me. Someone so good had to start performing/be given a chance. Also fair play to Rooney, I've been critical of him in the past but he did well tonight.

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Rooney was excellent.

11. Wilf

Wilf 8% Beach Ready

A bit hard to judge where Utd are up to. Good last night against no more than moderate opposition (second half they were very good). Genuinely unlucky in a couple of recent league games. The one person who it seems to me is underperforming is Mourhino. Seems to have only ended up playing Carrick and Mikhitaryan (sp?) after exhausting other options - ended up with a good side by default last night. The public criticism of players made him look stupid, particularly Smalling but Luke Shaw looks a bit hesitant in everything he does and conservative going forward. Not too much of a stretch to think he's treading on egg shells. Not sure Ibrahimovic getting a contract extension is good mood music for Rashford. Adds to the idea that Mourhino doesn't build for the future. They are getting there, but still looking like a top 6 side rather than real contenders. Just not convinced he's managed to create the vibe he had at Chelsea first time around.

12. chilango

chilango rdgXhc

I think we'll be all right...

13. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

Mourinho 2 points worse than Moyes was at this point in the season and United have spent $615m since.

Badgers and spartacus mills like this.
  14. steveo87

steveo87 Procrastinating for....a while

I know, it's fucking hilarious!!!

Badgers, spartacus mills and tommers like this.
  15. Eggby

Eggby Well-Known Member

Oh dear Fellaini really needs to be got rid of, along with Rojo and Darmian he is a poor player...4th spot is now looking remote

Badgers likes this.
  16. Eggby

Eggby Well-Known Member

Have to say that United have been looking much better lately, for a 35 year old Zlatan is v impressive and Carrick has been given a new lease of life which is allowing Pogba to roam more effectively.

17. chilango

chilango rdgXhc

Starting to look a bit better now, no?

18. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Might need to splash a bit more cash but on course for the Europa League I think

19. Dandred

Dandred Mmmmm Beer!

Not bad, after five wins you have moved from 6th to 6th!

20. handy1

handy1 A certain Man U fan ; )

Looking like a really promising team now. Anyone who slates Pogba are deluded, Ballon D'Or winner one day.

21. Wilf

Wilf 8% Beach Ready

Yep, that is a bit frustrating! I prefer to see it as gaining 6 points on citeh. ;)

22. Eggby

Eggby Well-Known Member

Typical Man U! Dodgy red cards, offside goals, domineering manager...and all against the Hammers too, ah yes, lovely stuff :)

Badgers likes this.
  23. chilango

chilango rdgXhc

5 points off 2nd. Softly, softly catchee monkey as my Gran used to say.

handy1 likes this.
  24. The39thStep

It's taking a while but I think the United squad and supporters are finally buying into Mourinhos vision , more importantly the Referees Association are as well.

imposs1904, BCBlues, Fez909 and 2 others like this.
  25. handy1

handy1 A certain Man U fan ; )

Ever done stand up?

26. tommers

tommers Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent

About as often as Phil Jones.

The39thStep, imposs1904, Wilf and 2 others like this.
  27. Wilf

Wilf 8% Beach Ready

Bit of luck about the West Ham result, though from what I can remember, they should have won the previous league game against them. In fact with a bit of luck in some of those games in November/December they could have been on a winning run of about 10 games. Admittedly... any team, with a bit of luck would have won more games, but the extent to which they dominated against Arsenal and Burnley (Everton the other game?) they really should have won.

Edit: AKA - Mourhino is a moaning, sociopathic bully, but he had a point about those games.

28. Eggby

Eggby Well-Known Member

Arise Sir Wayne Mark Rooney! Scored his 250th goal for United today, 13 seasons at Old Trafford now although it doesn't seem that long since we signed him, it was a crazy sum at the time but he really did turn out to be worth it on the pitch

handy1 likes this.
  29. The39thStep

I must say that I am very impressed with Silvas coaching at Hull . He's made a real difference in such a short space of time.

oneflewover likes this.
  30. chilango

chilango rdgXhc

Things are ticking along nicely now, no? I've been quietly impressed with how we are now.

and *fingers crossed* we can shove Rooney on a plane in the next few days and be £250k a week or so better off.