1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In special measures: Manchester United 16/17

Discussion in 'football' started by chilango, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Ponyutd

Ponyutd Greebo likes this....r.i.p.

Abramovich has just sacked Mourinho again...just out of habit.

Sea Lion and Badgers like this.
  2. Wilf

Wilf 8% Beach Ready

I now feel the need to point out that was for anyone who wanted to try out a basic addition sum, not a football prediction. :oops:

Badgers and Voley like this.
  3. Wilf

Wilf 8% Beach Ready

A good moment to mention that David Moyes may soon be at a loose end? :hmm:

Badgers likes this.
  4. chilango

chilango rdgXhc

I'm still on board with Mou.

We are playing better despite the results.

The results aren't helping though.

5. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

doesn't matter how well you play, if you get four knocked past you and don't score four or more you will still lose even if you play them off the pitch.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    Badgers likes this.
  6. chilango

chilango rdgXhc

This time last year LVG was getting results but playing shite. I know which I prefer.

Sea Lion and Pickman's model like this.
  7. Pickman's model

Nice to see a good loser

Badgers likes this.
  8. chilango

chilango rdgXhc

Patience is a virtue.

9. Pickman's model

Rhythm is a dancer

Badgers likes this.
  10. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Have you copied this from our thread? This time last year :D

11. Jurrihahay

Jurrihahay Banned Banned

Thought they did well today, Chelsea. These typical mid-table sides are often difficult to break down when you play 'em at home.

Badgers likes this.
  12. BCBlues

You should have got over the Watford result by now, it was humiliating :D

Badgers likes this.
  13. tommers

tommers Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent

The tears of the Cockney Reds are... delicious.

Just a pity it was Chelsea. Ruins it a bit but you can't have everything I guess.

Ponyutd, Pickman's model and Badgers like this.
  14. Jurrihahay

Jurrihahay Banned Banned

Think you might have missed my point.

BCBlues likes this.
  15. steveo87

steveo87 Procrastinating for....a while

Over the past two seasons, Man U have had to opportunity to sign, Klopp, Gaurdiola, Ancellotti, and even Conte. Instead, they went for a man who nearly got a league winning team relegated...

Fez909 and Badgers like this.
  16. Pickman's model

Do you remember the tintin book, prisoners of the sun or similar, where tintin's on a runaway train? That's you on board with Mou

17. Wilf

Wilf 8% Beach Ready

I've been one arguing they should have got rid of Moyes and lvg even earlier than they did - and will probably be joining in with similar calls if things carry on like this till Christmas. Same time, all 3 post fergie managers have been 'plausible' appointments - ish, kind of, at the wrong time... You could see the logic of appointing moyes, for reasons of continuity, even if Fergie not wanting to be eclipsed by a big name was in the mix. But if they did want continuity they should have insisted on keeping Fergie's back room staff (even though that would have in itself undermined Moyes). Okay, they go for big name in lvg, some self confidence, a presence - but they get him on the way down in his career. Bit early to tell with Mourihno, I'd rather have had the Mourhino of 12 years ago than the one of today. After purring over him and United in the first few games, there have been a few press stories about him going though the motions, losing his fire. All of the truculence, but little of the passion etc. Same time, whilst he did dramatically fuck things up the year after, he did of course win the league in 2014-15.

18. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

You had Conte trying to get the Chelsea fans to sing after they went four up, Pogba looking like a 25 million quid player, it had plenty.

Badgers and tommers like this.
  19. Wilf

Wilf 8% Beach Ready

grauniad musing on whether this defeat will 'awaken the monster':
    Don’t be too swift to bury José Mourinho – the monster may be stirring
    The line that he's been behaving a bit too well, trying to keep within the 'united tradition' is plausible. At the same time, it's bullshit, Ferguson was the original monster. Same time, that defeat is going to hurt, bound to be some kind of reaction.

Badgers likes this.
  20. BCBlues

I think I did. I've just catched up on this actually sober. Nice one I'm laughing even more louder now.
    A "like" for your patience :D

Badgers likes this.
  21. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

The Guardian is obsessed with Man Utd in the same way the Mail is with the Royal Family.

Wilf and Badgers like this.
  22. bendeus

bendeus Bellend Tagline Generator

Maureen: the Phillip Green of modern football.

Wilf likes this.
  23. Wilf

Wilf 8% Beach Ready

Random thought: wonder if Rooney will now manage to break Bobby Charlton's club goals record? He's 3 behind but neither playing well nor getting much game time - along with the China rumours/January transfer deadline - and he's no longer penalty taker. If he's realised the game is up at united, hanging on till he breaks the record might now be his main goal. That itself might hinge on beating citeh tonight so he can get a couple in the efl cup. I doubt Mourhino does sympathy in terms of the record, but then he might just want to keep Rooney till the Summer in case there's a run of injuries.

24. Eggby

Eggby Well-Known Member

Good win to put City out tonight, thought Mata looked poor but then he redeemed himself with the finish, still not sure about Rojo but reckon Mourinho will be heading back to the Travelodge in much better spirits after that

Riklet likes this.
  25. Harry Smiles

Harry Smiles Well-Known Member

But you paid how much for Pogba ? It confuses me every time I see Utd play

26. Eggby

Eggby Well-Known Member

£89 million I believe, yes I'm a bit perplexed why the fee was so high for Pogba but then I still think the amount that Forest paid for Trevor Francis was crazy at £1 million...hope Pog does start living up to it though and he is only 23 after all

27. Jay Park

Jay Park quasihobo

I sure hope that record stays with Bob Charlton. A real gent and a wonderful footballer. At the end of the day at his summer soccer schools he'd do ridiculous things like blast laser shots at the bar 10 times in a row.

28. Wilf

Wilf 8% Beach Ready

That issue was behind my post really. I'm a bit conflicted, I hate all the sniffy, class prejudice there used to be about Rooney from all the comedians calling him thick etc. He's got through all that - he's anything but thick, but shouldn't ever have had to prove it. SAme time, I can't really warm to him and there was all that threatening to leave stuff. If you had to chose someone to have the record it would be a Charlton. But then... it would be a bit shit if he got left on one behind Charlton, like Lineker did. I don't wish him ill, might be fitting if he ended up on the same as Charlton.

Jay Park likes this.
  29. Jay Park

Jay Park quasihobo

I'm yet to see evidence of his natural ability now he's lost that explosive power. Scholes went from striker to number 10 to playmaker and was accompished in each position. Not happening with Wazza.

Wilf likes this.
  30. chilango

chilango rdgXhc

Screw Wayne Rooney, should've been shown the door during his contract shenanigans. Never mind his second bout.

Hope he never plays for us again.

Wilf likes this.