1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In special measures: Manchester United 16/17

Discussion in 'football' started by chilango, Jun 8, 2016.

1. chilango

chilango By the many, not the few.

New manager. New signing. New thread.

I've never heard of our new £30 million defender.

2. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Let's hope this thread is a bit longer than the last two seasons ones. Anyway how do you feel about your new managers treatment of Eva Caneiro?

3. Whatnow?

Whatnow? Member

Nope never heard of him either, not even on Football Manager. Seems to be a good prospect now tho having had a look at him. Ibrahimovic should be an interesting one. Lots of rumours about various others but nothing that seems particularly definite. Will have to see what happens, Dailly deal came out of nowhere so who knows.

4. chilango

Pretty despicable. But there you go.

Mourinho is pretty much the last throw of the dice.

5. The39thStep

Top four this season or next, league Cup.

6. chilango

:(

7. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

Yeh he'll be gone by 2018

8. chilango

I genuinely don't know how this is going to pan out.

9. Pickman's model

Badly.

Next

Badgers likes this.
  10. Pickman's model

let me flesh that out.

mourinho has been a very good manager.

he has also been a spectacularly bad manager.

there are a lot of people who are at least as good as him in the premiership.

what made him special in the past is therefore not so unknown now.

the pressure on him for results will be enormous. and after chelsea last season the pressure on him to avoid defeat will also be immense.

Badgers likes this.
  11. Whatnow?

Whatnow? Member

True, but then again United fans have got basically bored to death with Van Gaal's 'football' the last year so as long as he actually has them playing actual football it is going to be hard to go further wrong. Already have a good defensive record, new defender to boost the backline. Rooney not playing number 10 and ruining the whole balance of the team. Zlatan to lead the front line, Rashford/Martial/Depay/Valencia/New winger/Inside Forward to support. Hopefully a new midfielder and some time without both full backs injured/backup full backs that actually are full backs not wingers.

12. Pickman's model

Yeh. But there are 3 top four spots up for grabs and I'm not sure any of them have man u's name on them

13. chilango

14. The39thStep

Building for the future? Mourinho has a thing about signing big name strikers on the downward slide who are looking for a final season in the EPL. Etoo was good in parts ( hatrick against Man Utd) as was Dogba when he was brought back when we won the League. Mourinho also brought back Falcao. I think Ibrahimovic will sometimes be entertaining sometimes frustrating and will be on his toes end of season.

15. chilango

...and today Mkhtaryan (sp?) who I confess I've seen little to nothing of.

Still business getting done. Looking forward to seeing how things shape up.

If we can get some of our swagger back and start being hated again rather than pitied that'd be a start.

:)

handy1 likes this.
  16. The39thStep

Giggs departs, not with a bang but with a whisper, following Woowards acquisition of the sacked ex Chelsea manager. Club legend,manager in waiting to sacrificial lamb.

17. handy1

handy1 A certain Man U fan ; )

Giggs:- brilliant as a player, leaves a lot to be desired as a man.

Badgers and Dandred like this.
  18. chilango

Yeah. Once he hung up his boots his contribution to the club was less than positive imho.

Badgers likes this.
  19. Wilf

Wilf Tots els coperos són bastards

Citeh will up their game, Arsenal won't be far off, Chelsea too. Ditto Spurs. Leicester, who knows? Mourhino could do pretty well, improve things all round and still only hover around 4th/5th. They played much of last season like England against Iceland, he's bound to improve on that. Needs more players, but lack of Champions League doesn't help. So... fuck knows. Oh, and he was an utter cunt about the Eva Caneiro thing. He's the manager I expect to do best out of the last 3, but by some distance he's the biggest shit.

Badgers likes this.
  20. Whatnow?

Whatnow? Member

Still waiting to see whether the whole Pogba thing is a load of nonsense or based in fact, or some combination thereof that means he still isn't coming. At least the biggest linked name still to be signed isn't someone completely unobtainable this year. The constant Ronaldo and/or Bale rumours made everyone involved look silly.

21. chilango

Wigan today :cool: we go again :thumbs:

22. chilango

2-0 win for Mourinho's first game :)

23. chilango

As for Pogba, way back when first signed him I was talking to a lad I knew (ironically now on Juve's books) who played in the Italian youth set up what he thought of him, they'd just both played in the same youth tournament) Pogba, he said, was head and shoulders above the rest and the player they all came home talking about.

Was gutted when we lost him and would love him back at pretty much any price..,it's not my money. Hopefully see it done in the next week or two.

24. Wilf

Certainly looks like its more than manoeuvres to get a better deal at Juve. So United or Madrid then.

25. purves grundy

purves grundy ambient clown remix

26. chilango

27. Wilf

Now saying 'edging towards' his signature. Hinges on United giving his agent £20000000. Football, eh?

28. chilango

:(

Obscene money...but then I saw that its a similiar % of turnover to the signing of Ferdinand (and smaller than that of Veron) so just shows how much more money is sloshing around United these days.

29. Wilf

Amid reports of Pogba being close to signing, the clearout list shapes up:
    Bastian Schweinsteiger’s absence puts Manchester United future in doubt

Janusaz is seemingly another one to add to the list of 'great potential but bad attitude', but Fosu-Mensah is a bit of a pisser. I've only seen the couple of games lvg gave him last year, so don't know much about him, but he did look to have a future. Also, if they do end up getting Pogba for £100000000 - just count the fucking noughts! - I'd rather they got 2 £50m players or even 3 at £30m. He certainly didn't look like a £100m player in the Euros and was actually dropped in the group stages.

30. The39thStep

£100m player basically means that anything less than the League title is failure.