Important: a note about the 'nonce' threads and naming living individuals

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by editor, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. protesticals

protesticals Well-Known Member

The Guardian had a forum called Guardian User Talk. It had a great social section but the some posters thought it was acceptable to make nonce comments against a couple of other posters, against real names.

One even threatened legal action against the Guardian and the idiots actually taunted him to do so. He did, the Guardian settled (he claims for 15,000 pounds). GUT was shut down and the Guardian printed an apology.

That's the Guardian. A century+ old newspaper with a legal team and a fair wadge of cash. Anyone who risks a voluntary site should be banned immediately.

2. UrbaneFox

UrbaneFox The Royal Cataract

I am totally ashamed of my vile 'outing' here of someone. It was entirely unnecessary and unfounded, and a some people were taken in.

I feel like Sally Berkow without with fine and newspaper coverage.

What can I do?

3. taffboy gwyrdd

taffboy gwyrdd Embrace the confusion!

I understand how disgusted and disturbed people were by what was confirmed about Jimmy Savile nearly a year ago.

But there is something about the Cyril Smith case that is even more nauseating - not the scandal, but the lack of scandal.

Sexual abuse in the house of commons. MI fucking 5 involved in the cover up. Where is the endless press coverage that the Savile stuff got?

Once again we see the establishment covering itself, CELEBRITY PAEDO matters. Establishment paedo is a big <YAWN>

In this context, what is almost too shocking to compute is the distinct possibility that victims are little more than pawns - very useful for attacking the BBC or shifting salacious leering filth rags, far more awkward and necessary to subdue when genuine power is concerned.

treelover, Nigel and The Pale King like this.
  4. taffboy gwyrdd

There's different accounts of that story, though I don't know which is true.

Only fair to point out that much of that community and it's spirit lives on here

http://www.notthetalk.com

5. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Wow, an anti-communist board. That's pretty relevant.

6. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

I don't see what relevance this has to a thread reminding people of the issues regarding naming living individuals who might sue Urban.

editor likes this.
  7. taffboy gwyrdd

anti-communist?

I was just pointing out that the board referred to was reincarnated in lesser form. It's more a footnote.

8. taffboy gwyrdd

Sorry, there is a more appropriate thread, I just forgot and didn't see it at the top of the list. I'm pretty fucking angry at the general shrugging of shoulders on the Smith scandal tbh and was kind of venting.

The Pale King, kenny g and tufty79 like this.
  9. kenny g

kenny g Most Welcome!

I will never look at Lord Steel the same way again knowing how he defended Cyril during his life.

10. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

how did you used to look at him?

white rabbit likes this.
  11. Citizen66

Citizen66 splash the cistern

The relevance is he's trolling; in case nobody has ever noticed.

12. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

well, looks like the ex lead singer of Lost Prophets has admitted hes a predatory pedo.

13. 8den

8den No I'm pretty sure that was 8ball...

Oh fuck the fuck off

14. 8den

Saw that on news night last night, man needs to be sent to a really nasty US federal prison dressed up like a fucking cheap tart.

15. taffboy gwyrdd

Yeah, appalling isn't it, people being repulsed by wanton establishment cover-ups of child abuse (this thread being more general to the topic than the Watkins case)

Nigel likes this.
  16. 8den

You are such a fucking twat.

Tooter likes this.
  17. taffboy gwyrdd

Are all people who find establishment child abuse cover-ups fucking twats? Do take special classes to compose such comprehensive put-downs?

Would you care to address the issue that there are different levels of justice that seem to apply to celebrities as opposed to members of the political establishment, or is it more important to slag me off?

kingfisher and Nigel like this.
  18. 8den

Have you ever found a conspiracy theory you don't want to fuck?

fogbat likes this.
  19. taffboy gwyrdd

Yes I have.

The stuff about Smith and Savile, and their establishment links / protection is public knowledge. In other words : Known conspiracy fact. So perhaps there's not quite the need to be as sweary.

Yewtree has been massively more resourced and publicised than Fernbridge too. The crimes of savile far more under the microscope than the crimes at Bryn Estyn.

Why not say "fuck" some more? It's sure to help us get to the bottom of this stuff.

kingfisher and Nigel like this.
  20. 8den

run along and start talking about 911

21. taffboy gwyrdd

Oh. You changed subjects. Why is that?

22. manny-p

manny-p candy coloured clown

edit...

23. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Probably the worst thread you could have posted that on.

24. Quartz

Quartz Eclectic contrarian plebeian

Christopher Jefferies speaks on the BBC.

25. Nigel

Nigel For A Degenerates' Workers State

• Lord Mcalpine bites thedust. Wonder if new revelations will come out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.