I'm looking for a cheap hotel somewhere near the tube.

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by Sasaferrato, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Sue

Sue Well-Known Member

I also walk past there every day and have never been in. :oops: (Have eaten in the Stone Cave though obviously not on belly dancing night...)

Pickman's model likes this.
  2. 8115

8115 sitting down is bad for you

Don't stay in the YHA opposite St Pancras. I had the worst night's sleep I've ever had there.

3. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

Honestly, central hotels are only a bit more expensive than ones out in the wilds of south London and much more convenient for everything. If you really can’t do the extra money you’re better off on Airbnb.

My parents are ex-Londoners, they know the score.

Sue likes this.
  4. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat hmm

211 bus (see previous on the subject of paying cash) stops outside Victoria Coach Station, and runs to the taxi road at Waterloo. It's a bit of a walk from VCS to Victoria Underground

5. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

Sas would yomp it with big backpack flying a union flag

6. emanymton

emanymton A cat politely sat on the flaming gardener.

7. Sasaferrato

Sasaferrato Grateful for what I have.

I've seen the day... but now it's gloaming. :D

8. Sasaferrato

9. Sasaferrato

I stayed there for the month of June in 1984. I was working in Bart's pharmacy for the month.

Sue likes this.
  10. Sasaferrato

Thanks for that.

11. Rutita1

Rutita1 Sassy McFlashy

Actually, London is so well connected you don't need to be by a tube at all.

Somewhere like Greenwich would make a great base for a few days exploring.

You have the DLR which is quick and easy to places that have a tube connection as well as trains straight into central London.

You also can take a short walk to the Naval colleges, churches and museums by the river and use the clipper service along the river to central London for a smidgen more in cost than the train/tube. Really nice and historically interesting walks along the river from there too, some markets, the foot tunnel, the cutty sark etc.

You can access all that Central London has to offer easily then retreat and enjoy the accessible by foot stuff in the Greenwich area.

Shirl likes this.