1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ILL - all female, punked up genius from manchester.

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Kaka Tim, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

These are ace - warped, wild and wonderful. The videos are hilariously disturbing as well. Anyone else a fan?

2. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

3. Kaka Tim

As well as the energy and aggression there's a lot of clever stuff going on with them - the lyrics are full of sass and wit, theirs some really interesting musical stuff going on and the vocal interplay is great. As well as being scary and fierce and weird they sound like they are having a shit load of fun.
    Its like the fall, the slits and captain beefhart rolled up in a ball with a Madness crazy gang vibe.
  4. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman It's all good, man

Manchester, innit!
    The best place since sliced bread :D
  5. 8ball

8ball I am Spasticus

6. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

found their bandcamp as was interested enough to get vinyl but looks like only digital, meh
    yes understand not that easy to get tunes pressed up
    ILL Song, by ILL
  7. 8ball

8ball I am Spasticus

I would have figured so too, but I have it on good authority that it's very easy (you just email some sound files to some guys in Eastern Europe and the vinyl comes back - there are loads of setups out there).
    Some very tiny bands getting vinyl done - I know some. Guess you could contact them and suggest they do some.
  8. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

would never tell/suggest a band what to do with their music! especially a punk band
    unless I knew them or had gone to a few of their gigs
  9. 8ball

8ball I am Spasticus

If you like their stuff, most bands are pretty cool with talking about what they're doing ime.
    A mate of mine had a teeny struggling band and used to (for some unknown reason) get loads of emails from fans in Brazil who'd heard them on Myspace (as was the way back then) trying to get them to do a tour out there.

Totally impractical, but he took it very much as a compliment.

If you phrased it in such a way as you love their stuff and it would be great if they did some vinyl, they might at least start thinking about whether anyone else was thinking that and whether it was viable.
  10. Kaka Tim

They have their first album out in may - and it will be on vinyl.

I'll be seeing them tonight - they're doing this international women's day event at my community centre in Leeds.

their facebook page is here if you want to ask them stuff - they seem pretty friendly. despite looking fucking scary in their videos.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    8ball and ddraig like this.
  11. killer b

killer b Gazing vacantly at a plate of mince

ILL are great, one of the finest bands in Manchester - they are fantastic live too. Been great to see them start to get the recognition they deserve in the last year or so. :cool:

Seeing them next week supporting Sunwatchers at the Star and Garter, can't wait...
    Kaka Tim and Threshers_Flail like this.
  12. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

brilliant, thank you
    all power to them :cool:
  13. Kaka Tim

wow. that was one of the best gigs ive ever seen. fucking brilliant. seriously folks - go see these if you get the chance - extraordinary.
  14. Kaka Tim

15. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

Yeah, quite cool sounds. Diazepam video would have been better with actual diaz pills rather than some generic capsules.