Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

If the Mona Lisa didn't exist, what would the default Greatest Painting be?

killer b

Singing on the roof of the Barbican
I went to Amsterdam last year, my dad told me I needed to go to reichsmuseum and see the Vermeers. Yeah whatever I thought, but we went anyway, and jesus but he was right.

This is the best one anyway, and the world's greatest painting (although it fails the simpsons test)

dessiato

Proudly European.
I know it's supposed to be a great painting but it does nothing for me. When I went to see it I was left with a strong sense of being almost let down by it. I'd heard for many years about how wonderful it is, and IMO it just isn't. Good, absolutely, great, no.

Lupa

I know it's supposed to be a great painting but it does nothing for me. When I went to see it I was left with a strong sense of being almost let down by it. I'd heard for many years about how wonderful it is, and IMO it just isn't. Good, absolutely, great, no.
I used to look at it in art books when I was younger, and fully believed that the photos of it were just black and white because "costs".
It came as a massive disappointment to me to see that in reality it was monochrome.

Mrs Miggins

There's been a slight cheese accident
I went to Amsterdam last year, my dad told me I needed to go to reichsmuseum and see the Vermeers. Yeah whatever I thought, but we went anyway, and jesus but he was right.

This is the best one anyway, and the world's greatest painting (although it fails the simpsons test)

I used to have a postcard of that next to a postcard of this around my desk at work. I love looking at them side by side
letter.jpg

Pickman's model

every man and every woman is a star

this is a huge picture, the triumph of death. it's in palermo and it occupies a wall, and not a small wall at that. must be in the region of 6m x 6.5m