Question iCloud activation lock bypass on iPad

Discussion in 'computers, web and general tech' started by sim667, Jul 10, 2018 at 12:12 PM.

1. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

Anyone know of anyway getting round it? No its not stolen. Its my friends and his work have told him if he can get round the lock he can keep it.

I've totally racked my brain and had a good play about with it, so hoping someone might have had a similar issue on here before.

Apple won't unlock it, despite him sending the receipt to show its been bought by his company.

2. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

Does he know the iCloud account username and password? You can log into iCloud.com and remove the device and wipe it.

Seems too simple an answer so I’m guessing the answer is no!

3. sim667

No he doesn't.

It was being used by a guy who got made redundant from the company, so when they asked him he told them to fuck off.

4. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman It's all good, man

5. peterkro

peterkro Greasin' on American Express card.

I've not done this as don't have iPad but seems very similar to DFU mode on iPhone worth a try.

6. cybershot

Other than resetting the password you may be out of luck. I guess the password reset questions are not obvious.

Is it possible the old guy would have saved the information somewhere or at least have something within his inbox that the IT dept could search through. Don’t think that breaks any gdpr rules as the company own the email account but may want to clarify with whoever is in charge of data security first.

The only other option is to use some third party but there’s plenty of scams out there so finding something legit may not be so simple. Depending on how much he’s prepared to lose it may worth a gamble. No doubt one of the mobile phone shops in a market somewhere would know how to do it but would be more expensive.

7. sim667

Unfortunately they've changed the way they started after a restore...... so this method doesn't work anymore :(

peterkro likes this.
  8. sim667

Oh yeah I'll mention the email thing to him.

Its ridiculous apple won't do it, he's sent them the invoice for it and everything.

9. cybershot

They usually do to be fair if you can prove ownership. Was this an actual apple store?

10. sim667

No, online...... He sent them an electronic copy and they said they wouldn't.

11. cybershot

Try an actual Apple Store if he can get to one. Have had to take in numerous iPhones in the past in my old role because someone left and we couldn't unlock it. This was several years ago thou so may have changed, but I would not have thought so as I'm sure it happens to business users all the time. Can take several days before you get it back.

sim667 likes this.
  12. cybershot

Just ensure the serial numbers match on the invoice etc and can prove he works for said company still.

13. sim667

I'm going to suggest he does that, and verify exactly what he'd need to take as we're a fair old way from an apple store.

14. cybershot

Oh, and of course assuming the bloke that's being a cock signed some sort of form when it was handed over, or there's something within the contract related to business kit they could bill him for the cost of the iPad if he refuses to hand over the unlock code. Something his HR/IT Dept would probably have to deal with, but usually businesses have these sort of thing's in place. I;m sure he'd be happy to unlock the device rather than pay £500+

sim667 likes this.