Ian Brown

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by DotCommunist, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Dillinger4

Dillinger4 Es gibt Zeit

Yeh, but Ian Brown is still fucking shit.

2. cliche guevara

cliche guevara Well-Known Member

Do you like The Stone Roses?

3. Dillinger4

Dillinger4 Es gibt Zeit

I don't really care that much about the Stone Roses.

They are not shit though.

I can see why other people would like them, and as a band they have produced some pretty cool songs and stuff. But I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to them.

Ian Brown is just fucking wank.

4. 5t3IIa

5t3IIa Registered User

Him or his stuff? He's always been a wanker but with the Roses he had some good tunes to back it up. Now he's just a tatty squeaking heilum balloon of wet songs about arse bouncing off the ceiling of hasbeenery.

5. DotCommunist

DotCommunist specter haunting

some epic fail posts on this thread. None of which come from me.

6. Dillinger4

Dillinger4 Es gibt Zeit

Both.

But like I said, I don't really mind The Stone Roses.

I cant believe anybody would even bother listening to the wank he has made since.

7. Rollem

Rollem two kinds of wonderful

or me:hmm:

8. Dillinger4

Dillinger4 Es gibt Zeit

The biggest fail was posting a thread about how good Ian Brown is.

He isn't.

9. DotCommunist

I'm sorry, but all I can see is 'opinion fail opinion fail opinion fail'

when you post on this thread

10. Rollem

Rollem two kinds of wonderful

[​IMG]

11. Dillinger4

Dillinger4 Es gibt Zeit

Thinking Ian Brown is any good is the very definition of fail.

Its like seeing that ship that has fallen over and lost all its cargo.

:(

12. Biffo

Biffo Well-Known Member

This although I like quite a lot of his solo stuff too. Saw the Roses a couple of times - one brilliant one tragic - and Ian Brown a few times too. Won't go and see him again as it's ulimately embarrassing. The Roses songs and his good solo tracks are great singalongs for the audience but he really cannot sing live.

13. DotCommunist

Your opinion is like that time Jean Luc Picard put his open palm over his face

14. Dillinger4

Dillinger4 Es gibt Zeit

In fact, it is so bad, I am just plain embarrassed for you.

:(

15. Dillinger4

Dillinger4 Es gibt Zeit

He looks quite a lot like he has very very small penis and is bothered by it constantly.

16. DotCommunist

ah penis envy. We reach the true source of your animosity

17. Dillinger4

Dillinger4 Es gibt Zeit

Yeh, that and also that he is a talentless shithole.

18. futha

futha vessel in vain

fucking wank. He isn't bad at writing the odd half decent lyric but his voice is terrible and his songs are shite. I can't believe he is still going and people still buy his records/tickets!... IMO of course :)

19. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

His first two solo albums were OK, but I sold them after a few years because they were nothing special. Can't see myself getting any more of his stuff.

Squire did The Seahorses (who I remember as very shit), and Mani's in Primal Scream (OK nowdays, but hardly "Screamadleica"), but what's Reni doing these days?

20. Dillinger4

Dillinger4 Es gibt Zeit

Mani is also in a band with Peter Hook and Andy Rourke called Freebass.

Three bassists all playing bass.

21. ouchmonkey

ouchmonkey Singe Gainsbourg

:D

22. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

Can't forgive old monkeynuts for the most couldn't-be-arsed take-the-piss-out-of-the-punters gig i ever went to.

23. Dillinger4

Dillinger4 Es gibt Zeit

:cool:

24. El Jefe

El Jefe .. the Rural Juror

using a megaphone is his best chance of improving his voice.

C'mon, just look at him. Just an absolute knob. It's one thing being a poseur - you need a bit of that - but all his poses make him look like a dick.

25. Roadkill

Roadkill Well-Known Member

I love the Stone Roses and I quite like a couple of songs off Ian Brown's first solo album, but most of what he's done's shite. He's no good live either - arrogant twat who can't sing.

26. Sadken

Sadken K-5 You -0

LOVED the Stone Roses to the point of obsession for many, many years. Really, from about 8 years old when nicking my brother's records till I was about...25 or so? I dunno, one day I think Ian Brown's cuntiness just overwhelmed my love of the band and I have hardly listened to them since, and it was a real love too. I was gutted to miss John Squire's recent art show.

HATE Brown's faux mystical ploddy "dance" shit.

27. StanSmith

StanSmith Three Lions on my shirt

Yeah still got mine fresh in the box.

Oh yeah and I like his music as well!!!

28. futha

futha vessel in vain

You a fan of his previous band? I think he was the weak link in that band, they did some good stuff (a few songs), apart from their tendency to noodle away and over indulge but they are nowhere near as good as people give them credit for. Fools Gold was pretty impressive though.

29. Dillinger4

Dillinger4 Es gibt Zeit

Posing like a fucking dickhead is all he has going for him. Fucking dickhead.

I reckon when Ian Brown makes his records, he is just having a massive laugh on all the people who will love everything he does, no matter how shit it is, because he was once in a half decent band and can pull a dickhead pose.

He is laughing at you.

30. El Jefe

El Jefe .. the Rural Juror

the first Stone Roses album was a breath of fresh air when it came out, and although i never play it i'm always happy to hear a tune on the radio. Fools Gold was pretty cool too. But clever vocal production is an amazing thing, and John Leckie et al really did manage to polish a turd in this instance.