1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have to sketch this...

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by Stanley Edwards, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Stanley Edwards

Stanley Edwards m©JiŢoËŞ for BŘe@ĸƑaƽƮ

I was half thinking I was going to jump off the bus at Huelva. Take a look at this plaza...
    huelva.jpg

So glad I did. Just to the left out of shot is a beautiful Art Nouveau building. To the right is a fabulous wrought iron bandstand. I'm not sure the authorities will let me, but I HAVE to sketch this place. Full of life.

Strange part of Spain. The Communist Party HQ is here, yet it is an incredibly Conservative city - perhaps that is why. I received a very unfriendly welcome, but I am staying the night to sketch this tomorrow regardless.

Anyone else ever feel totally compelled to sketch a scene? Perhaps, just photograph?

Will post my result tomorrow if possible.

2. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

Why not take several pictures over several hours in different lights - if there's a question over your being allowed to sketch then you'll have images you can draw from and perhaps of scenes it would have been impractical to sketch because of e.g. crowds

Badgers likes this.