Hungerford v Dulwich Hamlet, Sat 13th Oct

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Scrooge, Oct 12, 2018.

1. editor

editor Walking along the lonely street of dreams

1.jpg

Well our form has certainly improved!

2. editor

editor Walking along the lonely street of dreams

3. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

....and he also neglects to mention the home team had hit the woodwork twice before taking the lead.

4. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Did they... I blame the Leffe on tap from earlier in the day

5. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

A way to improve most days!
    some people who hadn't been drinking leffe were no more aware than you though..

6. jonesyboyo

jonesyboyo Well-Known Member

7. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Personally I'd like to see him back in our squad, although it wouldn't surprise me if Gavin left him there and brought in a similar player on loan or non-contract terms from elsewhere. I definitely think we need some experienced muscle in that role if Kargbo is going to be out for any length of time.

It would be nice to think someone could write a football report without needing to mention the only other thing Hungerford is remembered for by anyone over 30 years of age.

Cyclodunc was uploading his match photos on a laptop on the train home and his still photos suggested the ball hit Kingsley in the ribs or stomach. The video footage from the halfway line makes it look like it hits his right arm, which is folded across his body, and the defender whose attempted clearance was charged down immediately starts appealing for handball but that doesn't mean anything the way some players appeal for absurd decisions in their favour.

Considering their poor form Hungerford created a lot of good scoring chances, especially in the first half when I recall only one clear chance for ourselves when Akinyemi did well to work an opening and test the keeper with a fierce shot, and could easily have buried us by half time. A gutsy second half fightback from the Hamlet though. For the last eight seasons we've always been a top six side, regularly outplaying opponents with attractive possession-based football and either winning comfortably or blowing it in games we really ought to have won. It's a new experience this season having to battle for results and sometimes getting points that seem quite fortunate in games we could easily have lost. Hungerford didn't look a great side, but like other teams at this level they were more adept than Isthmian level teams at disrupting our play in the midfield and making themselves hard to break down. The bottom four are beginning to get detached from the rest in the league table, but as usual in this division the spread of points between top and bottom is relatively narrow.

Noss, Blitzwalker and editor like this.
  8. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?