Hungerford v Dulwich Hamlet, Sat 13th Oct

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Scrooge, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Scrooge

Scrooge Well-Known Member

It’s Non-League Day, so hopefully a good travelling support for this one. Hungerford are offering half price entry (£6 instead of £12) for season ticket holders of “any club in the world” which includes us!

One train an hour out of Paddington, at 7 minutes past the hour. Takes just over an hour to get there. Looks like the ground is about a 15 minute walk from the station.

2. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

I’m in.

StephenMac likes this.
  3. supersafari

supersafari Member

What time does the coach leave?

crocustim and Cyclodunc like this.
  4. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

5. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Plenty of Hamlet supporters on the 1207 train off Paddington.

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  6. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Tom Bale commentary "not a classic"

7. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

2-1 win
    Good result

planetgeli likes this.
  8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

What a great result. Amazingly, we're only three points off a play off place now!

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  9. Pink Panther

Rather scrappy game, we were poor first half and turned around a goal down. Green equalised early second half following a mad scramble when two efforts were blocked on the line. The winner was similar with Green again to the for as his header was blocked on the line and forced home possibly by May or Eshun. It was quite a niggly affair on a bobbly pitch with a lot of free kicks awarded.

The Hungerford scorer was Danilo Orsi Dadomo, who scored for East Thurrock United when we also came from behind to win 2-1.

10. PartisanDulwich

Truly remarkable

11. cg__

cg__ Member

Im actually so happy we are starting to pick up wins. We are proving that we can survive in this league and that was my main worry considering the stadium circumstance and initial poor form.

12. Clareg

Clareg Well-Known Member

I watched Harrogate Town draw 2-2 with Dover this afternoon and was very underwhelmed by both teams

Pink Panther, Al Crane and crocustim like this.
  13. PartisanDulwich

14. PartisanDulwich

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Three palm trees? I approve.

Trimmy and pompeydunc like this.
  16. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

As someone who has watched conference for years, that may be one game. The difference between lower quartile Conference South and top quartile Conference is huge. We'd need a big personnel change to cope with the likes of Harrogate for 42 games

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  17. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Good to get the points etc. Didn't think we were any better in the first half today than we were in the first half at Eastbourne though. They were a physical bunch.

18. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

Worst postcard ever

Clareg likes this.
  19. Pink Panther

Dover were bottom this morning and have just changed the manager. Harrogate are right up there in a tight race for top spot so I suspect they had an off day, or were maybe hampered by not being able to anticipate their opponents' tactical approach in the first game under the new manager.

20. Clareg

Clareg Well-Known Member

Off day for Harrogate to be sure. Gave away 2 sloppy goals, one just after second half kick off ( hello Dulwich !) Scored an equaliser in 4th minute of extra time. Bit of a scrap in last minute was enjoyable .
    The best bit for the ornithologists amongst us were the huge red kites circling overhead for a lot of the game.

Blitzwalker and Pink Panther like this.
  21. pinknblue

pinknblue Well-Known Member

I thought that was a poor game played by two poor sides. Only bright points for me were Jay May when he came off the bench and 3 points for the win. We'll have to play much better than that if we want to get near the play-offs! We desperately miss Kargbo in the defensive midfield role. What's happened to Onuvwigun? Is he still at the club? We were sloppy in possession and barely put two passes together all afternoon. I'm just thankful that Hungerford were even worse than us!

22. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

Onovwigun is on loan at Carshalton at the moment so at least he could be recalled

23. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

24. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

25. Scrooge

Everything about that report is painful to read.

Pink Panther likes this.
  26. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

Is that because of your hangover?

Pink Panther likes this.
  27. Scrooge

Most things are painful today, that is true

28. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy Active Member

Disagree. I enjoyed that read. The flourish of a dandy was quite apt. Keep it up, Sir.

3010 likes this.
  29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Good grief

30. Al Cunningham

Al Cunningham Brockley Hamlet

Watching the Vanarama highlights it looks like the winner goes in off Kingsley's arm. Still i was right behind the goal and could not see that. It was a tough game in difficult conditions but we kept battling and thought Cooky had a good game when he came on. Looks like we might have lost Nyrun and Dipo for a few games though. Thought Hungeford were great hosts .

Blitzwalker likes this.