Robot called ‘Collosus’ saved Notre Dame firefighters’ lives
The Robot that saved firefighters lives, amazing!
though its made by a company who also make military ones, etc.
I know it was said that arson is ruled out. But, some people find it hard to believe that by accident fire started. I mean this is one of the most expensive buildings. It had to have one of the strongest anti-fire protection systems, right?I thought arson was ruled out very early on...and that they said it was down to the building work that was going on in the roof...?
"some people"? which people? you?I know it was said that arson is ruled out. But, some people find it hard to believe that by accident fire started. I mean this is one of the most expensive buildings. It had to have one of the strongest anti-fire protection systems, right?
That’s nice to hear about Drax. One of my brother in laws was the electrical site foreman on both Drax stations amongst many other huge projects. Sadly he died early last year aged eighty. He was always proud of all his jobs. From Drax to Pinderfields Hospital and St James Hospital.The building that's most recently provoked a real sense of awe in me is when I got a chance to go inside Drax power station. That's also now 'old' technology, but seeing the scale of it, thinking about the significance of what happens inside it, and all the work of so many people who made it possible, I found quite deeply moving, more so than I've felt in any cathedral. In fact I felt like I almost had a 'religious moment' but I'll stop there.
Skilled craftspeople who can restore the building are very expensive to hire. Plus its very good pr for the donors.Really? Then why was more than a billion dollars donations collected for the purpose of rebuilding Notre Dame building? You see how expensive this really becomes.
I know kids can be rather annoying but that seems a bit of an extreme solution.Burn the rst of it down, build a kids playground and be done.
The Paris police statement on Thursday said that on the surface of pavements and gardens immediately adjoining the cathedral, lead levels were found to be very high: between 32 and 65 times the recommended limit by French health authorities.
Thank goodness however things weren't really all that badShortly after the fire, the Paris police advised locals to clean surfaces with a damp cloth and pregnant women and children to wash hands frequently.
But then yesterday :Since the fire, the police have maintained that the threat from lead was limited, saying lead poisoning usually builds up over years of exposure. There have been no reports of acute lead poisoning since the blaze that destroyed the roof of the 850-year-old landmark.
City hall closed the nursery and primary school -- which were hosting a holiday club for 180 children in Paris's 6th district -- "as a precautionary measure" after tests revealed high levels of lead in the playground, a spokesperson for city hall told AFP.
City hall ordered a "deep clean" at schools near Notre-Dame last week, with walls and furniture to be wiped and playgrounds hosed down over the summer holidays.
phew that's all right then.Paris health official Arnaud Gauthier said the clean was "to reassure us that the risk is minimal", although Deputy Paris Mayor Emmanuel Gregoire insisted it was normal procedure and nothing to do with the fire or lead contamination.