HR first thing tomoz.

Discussion in 'education & employment' started by space-tout, Oct 9, 2018.

1. space-tout

space-tout I wrote for luck

They blamed the ththieving on me leaving them in the wrong place, which is right. But again lads I've worked with 15+ years.

2. equationgirl

equationgirl Respect my existence or expect my resistance

More likely unfair dismissal with disability discrimination. Reminds me of the recent brewdog case tactics.

3. space-tout

Hi folks, would anyone know for sure that I actually need to raise a grievance against this person at work before I do anything else?
    I've had probably 5 hours sleep since Monday and feel like shit, I can't have a proper conversation with acas at the moment due to this, I could start this grievance process first off?
    I'm OK, just mentally knackered.

Thank you.

4. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

tbh the people to blame are the people who took them, blaming the victim common but inaccurate and unfair.

5. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat lumpen proletaricat

i'd be inclined to talk to ACAS before doing anything.

if i understand right, you're currently signed off sick, so unless employers are actively harassing you, things can wait a day or two.

6. alex_

alex_ Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure you don’t need to raise a grievance, it doesn’t sound like they know proper process so it’ll make fuck all difference anyway.

7. Puddy_Tat

:hmm:

I'm not a lawyer, and it's quite a while since i've been a union rep, but ACAS page on constructive dismissal says

8. alex_

alex_ Well-Known Member

“Making genuine efforts” does not mean you must raise a grievance.

Engaging with OH, talking to your boss and hr are all making an effort to resolve the issue.

The recording of his boss being a dick whilst he is trying to talking to him about it Is evidence of making an effort to resolve the issue.

Alex

space-tout likes this.
  9. Puddy_Tat

I'm not going to get in to an argument which isn't going to help the OP

What I will say is that just resigning and then seeking advice (and by that i mean properly qualified advice, not web forums) what to do seems generally to be considered not a good idea.

ETA - I'm also not sure if a recording made covertly (i.e. without all concerned knowing it was being made) would be acceptable evidence in a tribunal.

alex_ likes this.
  10. space-tout

Hello again, after a bit of surfing I've found I do need to make a grievance at work first off, I have 3 months to do this. I am on my first months paid sick leave so I'm going to start the grievance procedure in 3-4 weeks and then get my second month sick note in. I can't go back as just the thought makes me anxious.

Later today I will be looking for a union prepared to give advice. Even if there's cost attached.

I've spoken to a few ex colleagues and they are writing me a reference to my good productivity whilst they have seen the off handed treatment I just ignored at the time. Well I say ignored, I jotted them down on the nearest bit of paper, saving them for such an event as this.

Top bombing as usual people :)

farmerbarleymow, Almor and Wilf like this.
  11. space-tout

What a shambles of a thing to be happening?
    All orchestrated by adults? FFS really.

I've come round a little mentally despite the fact I've had tops 7hrs sleep since Monday. I've just had two nytol and see if I can sleep the rest of Friday off, might ask the gp for something next week.

Enjoy your weekend folks.

spitfire, Wilf and alex_ like this.
  12. equationgirl

equationgirl Respect my existence or expect my resistance

Covert recordings have been accepted as evidence, however the advice is to submit a short extract of the recording with an accompanying transcript, rather than several hours of recordings.

space-tout likes this.
  13. Chilli.s

Chilli.s changed the little words

I thought covert recording, although not allowed, could be done as an "aide memoire" for personal use only. A transcript of that would be hard to deny and possibly lead to incriminating themselves if they did.

14. space-tout

Spoke to acas yesterday. I do need to get a grievance started, this can wait a couple of weeks. Long haul this one!
    According to Acas, joining a union is a bit late in the day so I'll be fighting this one alone.

Thanks for any input folks, I hope I can be of help to you at some point.

Wilf and Pickman's model like this.
  15. Wilf

Wilf Meeting few of his KPIs

Even without a union rep, when this gets to the point of having meetings, you'll should still have the right to take a friend in with you. Good luck.

16. KeeperofDragons

KeeperofDragons Crazy dragon lady

I worked in a firm that didn't have a union but anyone on a discaplinery meeting was able to have someone with them. It's worth looking up in you contract or staff handbook

17. space-tout

Hi folks, yes they allow someone to sit in with you, no one willing amongst my work 'mates' a couple whom have witnessed much over the years but don't want name dropping, they've both made comments about it in the past.
    I was chatting to an old workmate who left the company in similar circumstances.
    He was treated like me, he put a grievance in. Work made life uncomfortable for him he left to go to tribunal. The day after he left WORK solicitors phoned him and told him he would lose £££'s. He sacked it off and started his own business, I spoke to him today and said he was played at every turn.

I dunno, grievance form going in early next week. Time it right and I'll roll into next sicknote.

Thank you.

spitfire likes this.