How's this for a B&B for rail fans: Saughtree Station on the Border Counties Railway

Discussion in 'transport' started by editor, Aug 15, 2018.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'd be quite happy to live here for a bit. What a lovely little station!

2. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

3. danny la rouge

danny la rouge Warning: posts may cause vasovagal presyncope

I'm definitely going there!

I'll talk to my social secy when she finishes her shift!

kebabking and editor like this.
  4. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

Anyone done the West Highland Way ? There's a bunk house on the platform at Bridge of Orchy, an old waiting room. :cool:

danny la rouge likes this.
  5. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

The NYMR has a cottage and some trains to let, always appear to be booked out far in advance :(
    There is also Petworth station down at the bottom of the country in Sussex.
    Apart from both being booked out well in advance, I believe both are week lets only.

6. BoatieBird

BoatieBird Well-Known Member

marty21, kebabking and hash tag like this.
  7. kebabking

kebabking Unfettered ambition

There used to be a hostel at Corrour Station on that line. Its a restaurant and guesthouse now, food is excellent. No road access - train, or walk. 20 miles...

E2A: it has accommodation in the old signal box - keep your hands where I can see them, train fans!

Loch Ossian is the best hostel in that area. Not in midge season though.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  8. pogofish

pogofish Testicle Hairstyle

I saw a something being built near Grantown on Spey a few days ago - near the junction with the Tomintoul road.

It looks like a modern and slightly smaller take on a traditional station, a small platform, two short sections of rail and a pair of old sleeper coaches sitting at the platform.

eta - It is on the old Cromdale line but this place is a couple of miles short of the real Cromdale Station, which used to host a camping coach,

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  9. BoatieBird

BoatieBird Well-Known Member

10. Dogsauce

Dogsauce Lord of the Dance Settee

Nah, keep the house for yourself, but use the two acres (which I suspect will be a former goods yard) as the base for a few ‘glamping coaches’ to pay the bills.

kebabking and BoatieBird like this.
  11. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes