How will you feel if England go out of the WC?

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018' started by Spymaster, Jul 8, 2018.

?

How will you feel if England lose?

1. Mildly disappointed but chuffed they got this far:

63.1%
  2. Absolutely GUTTED!

15.5%
  3. Glad they're out:

4.8%
  4. Couldn't care less either way:

16.7%
  1. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

I won't be glad but I will be relieved.

Relieved that I'll be spared weeks of insufferable over-celebration by the media.

A cure for cancer doesn't get this much publicity and they haven't even reached the final yet.

2. 8ball

8ball Considerably more oppressed than yow

I'm kind of almost getting into it now and might watch a bit of the next one.

friedaweed likes this.
  3. spanglechick

spanglechick High Empress of Dressing Up

I don't follow football but I'll be disappointed on behalf of those of my my friends who are all excited at the moment.

PippinTook and friedaweed like this.
  4. 8ball

I'd quite like to see an England vs Belgium final.

5. bellaozzydog

bellaozzydog rolling turds in glitter

I don’t follow football, have no time for jingoistic nationalism but somehow I’ve got sucked it. Perhaps it’s the element of humble hope that runs contrary to the zeitgeist of miserable chaos and hopelessness the world is wallowing in

The Thai cave rescue is a similar example. Multinational co-operation on a huge scale to rescue plucky wholesome examples of the next generation

Plus Gareth “make it so Yoda” Southgate is an antidote to modern life’s wanky egotistic characters, despite sounding like he has just read a self help manual.

I could barely watch the penalties, the Sweden game set the hook and fixed the idea that England can play and win meaning anything less than the final will be a tragic crushing of the “bread and circuses” hope developed :facepalm:

England ironically wins the World Cup as the country and the world slide further down the cosmic shitter

Communal Hope, despair, joy, misery and commiserations it’s like a weekend at a family wedding in one delicious 90 minute sporting package

6. 8ball

7. littlebabyjesus

littlebabyjesus one of Maxwell's demons

That's the final I want.

8. 8ball

It's the Rocky II vibe. :cool:

9. littlebabyjesus

littlebabyjesus one of Maxwell's demons

They meet again. And this time it's for real...

I think England would need a measure of luck to beat either France or Belgium in the final. But it could happen. Maybe Raheem Sterling will score?

10. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

I'm getting bored of everyone saying this kind of stuff at the moment. Folks need to have a look at themselves.

11. Wilf

Wilf Meeting few of his KPIs

2/10, may improve to 3/10.

Pickman's model likes this.
  12. mojo pixy

mojo pixy unquantifiable hazards

I had no idea England was in the toilet, but if you could all get out now that'd be grand. I need to go.

Mrs Miggins and Badgers like this.
  13. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

In what sense?

Pickman's model likes this.
  14. bellaozzydog

On a personal level, as a former member of veterans for peace i’m comfortable with my pre World Cup anti jingoistic/nationalistic status:D

15. bellaozzydog

This Germans bad, Columbian bad, foreigners cheats, stereotyping stuff, media references to ze war, loads of argentina/falklands memes floating around and the thing I find very strange, kissing the lions on the shirt shit

My response may be magnified a bit as I'm in the middle of nowhere with 450 Scottish blokes

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    PippinTook and krtek a houby like this.
  16. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

The Johnny Foreigner stereotyping is led by sections of the tabloid media. Most people are probably a bit bored of it now and it’s getting better. I’ve always found the badge kissing totally cringeworthy too but that’s by no means an England thing. Everyone does it.

Badgers likes this.
  17. isvicthere?

isvicthere? a.k.a. floppybollocks

Results so far fail to confirm ABE tendency on these boards that England fans are hysterical, frothing-at-the-mouth crybabies.

Quelle surprise!

Badgers likes this.
  18. redcogs

redcogs in the gutter beholding the stars

A good reason to want England to win this evening is the prospect of a France England final in the year of Brexxxit. It would be a fantastic politically charged clash well worth a few drams and bags of crisps.

19. friedaweed

friedaweed Sitting down for a wee

If they go out I'll be able to plan my weekend :D

Chilli.s, PippinTook and Badgers like this.
  20. QueenOfGoths

QueenOfGoths Fuck you Dave!

I will be disappointed, very disappointed but I was expecting them to get out of the group stage but no further so to be here, in a semi final, is a fantastic achievement.

Badgers likes this.
  21. Mrs Miggins

Mrs Miggins There's been a slight cheese accident

I hope they stay in as it will give me another previous couple of hours of absolute quiet on my street.

It's started now....it's lovely and quiet outside :D

PippinTook and cupid_stunt like this.
  22. Ax^

Ax^ Silly Rabbit

Wishing England well but hope they don't win the thing

Would never hear the end of it

*That does come from a night of hearing the local army regiments band preparing for the 12th*

ska invita and PippinTook like this.
  23. Rebelda

Rebelda Nearly as bad as Badgers

My answer: I will be proud as punch.

PippinTook and oryx like this.
  24. oryx

oryx Sitting on the bock of the day

Love your avatar!

I am sad but also a bit relieved as watching tonight was so bloody stressful, and a final against France would have been even more stressful.

But yeah, really proud of England. Southgate and the team have been great and I can't wait for Euro 2020.

25. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

Well? How do you feel?

Proud and a bit gutted I would imagine. No big drama. No penalty shoot-out loss. Semi Finals a huge step up on previous tournaments.

But you were beaten by a better team on the night.

26. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

Much the same as I did yesterday but without the most recently popular topic of conversation at work.

PippinTook likes this.
  27. Pickman's model

Punch the wife-beater or punch the london charivari?

28. Pickman's model

Yeh buy teuchter's mirrors everyone, he's brassic

Mrs Miggins likes this.
  29. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

Not a very high bar is required in order to provoke a Pickman's model response though.

30. Pickman's model

i bet that sounded clever when you typed it.