How low can we go - Newcastle united 2019/20

Discussion in 'football' started by not-bono-ever, Jun 24, 2019.

1. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Alles hat ein Ende nur eine Wurst hat zwei

We can go all the way. Hard relegation now and no parachute payment from the unelected fat fats on the PL gravy train. It’s the will of the people.

Badgers likes this.
  2. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

Rafa did a great job there. Big mistake.

3. not-bono-ever

Mike - "Rafa would you like a Sports Direct bag to put all your stuff into ?"

Rafa - "Thanks Mike, maybe you're not so bad after all"

Mike - 'No problem, That'll be £1 please Rafa."

SpackleFrog, diond, hash tag and 4 others like this.
  4. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

5. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

6. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

It's bizarre enough to make me think that there's more going on. Ashley is many things but he's not stupid.

So either he can't afford to meet rafa's spending requirements or something else is up.

Or he just thinks he can coast for another year without spending anything.

Which would be a mistake.

Badgers likes this.
  7. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

I guess every year he gets away without spending £50m is another £50m in his pocket, finishing 17th every year with a negative net spend would be happy days - bit risky though!

tommers and Badgers like this.
  8. sunnysidedown

sunnysidedown caput mortuum

Rafa has done miracles with pretty much no investment from the club (despite previously being told he could have every penny the club generated).

He wanted the club to invest in the academy and was turned down. Ashley attempted to play a game of chicken with Rafa with a typically dubious deal and fatty blinked, pulling the plug today - Apparently Rafa only found out after the story was featured on Sky.

I'm hoping that the ground will be empty for our sports direct fc's first home game against Arsenal. Past experience tells me though that sadly this will not be the case.

tommers likes this.
  9. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

I suppose most supporters would have already renewed season tickets months ago? I can see why some supporters would prefer to keep going, having already paid, and protesting inside the ground. Although depending on what clown gets the job it might not be too difficult to persuade them to stay away.

10. sunnysidedown

I think the deadline is next friday so hopefully a fair few were holding off until they knew the score with rafa.

Fuck knows what yes man ashley will find for the job, although i would not be surprised if that twat pardew turned back up!

Badgers likes this.
  11. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

:D. FAFS.

12. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

5/1 Mikel Arteta
    13/2 Jose Mourinho
    8/1 Garry Monk
    8/1 Chris Hughton
    10/1 Eddie Howe
    10/1 Alan Pardew
    12/1 Steven Gerrard
    14/1 Roy Keane
    14/1 Gennaro Gattuso
    16/1 Mark Hughes
    20/1 Sean Dyche
    20/1 Patrick Vieira
    20/1 David Moyes
    20/1 Bruno Genesio
    25/1 Nigel Pearson
    25/1 Roberto Martinez
    25/1 Claude Puel
    25/1 Slaven Bilic
    25/1 Tony Pulis
    25/1 Michael O’Neill
    25/1 Arsene Wenger

Argonia likes this.
  13. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

No way Arteta is leaving city and trashing his reputation at Newcastle United. Can't see mourinho going anywhere he doesn't get money to spend. Monk it is then!

imposs1904 and Badgers like this.
  14. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Wenger is a good outside chance

15. sunnysidedown

[​IMG]

Also worth noting that our points tally since January would of had us finishing the league in 7th (mainly down to the signing of Almiron)
    On top of that our injury list had become almost non-existent due to proper training techniques brought in by Rafas team.

16. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Thats a depressing list. Arteta would be intersting but no experience , Chris Houghton has been there and done it, Eddie Howe would be excellent but I'm not sure if its just a sideways move.

Badgers likes this.
  17. hash tag

hash tag member

Mourinho :D
    Whoever put that list together?

Rosemary Jest and Badgers like this.
  18. not-bono-ever

Gerrard. Ffs.

What’s John carver up to these days ?

Badgers likes this.
  19. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

Gattuso would be fun, 95% chance he'd batter Ashley at some point

Badgers likes this.
  20. The39thStep

Portuguese press saying that Newcastle have asked the Porto manager Sergio Conceicao if he is interested in being shortlisted.He apparantly is but suggestions that compensation of 20m might complicate this going any further.

Badgers likes this.
  21. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Think Pardew has a chance?

22. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

Compensation of 20% off a pair off Reeboks from Sports Direct would stop it going any further.

The39thStep and Badgers like this.
  23. The39thStep

Anything is possible at Newcastle

Badgers likes this.
  24. hash tag

hash tag member

Rafa Benitez letter in full
    Dear NUFC fans.

Thank you for three fantastic, exciting and, at times, challenging years.
    What we have had here - your support, your affection and your passion - has been unbelievable for me.
    St James' Park has been always special, the 5-1 win against Tottenham , 15-05-2016, was so emotional that since that day I have always felt as though I belonged at Newcastle and I thank you for making me feel so welcome and at home.
    Thank you to everyone at the club who has helped the team and of course to the fine players who grew and fought with us and to the staff (One of the best I have ever shared time with).
    From winning the Championship, to our two season in the Premier League, fans, staff and players have all been United. I wanted to stay, but I didn't just want to sign an extended contract, I wanted to be part of a project.
    Unfortunately, it became increasingly clear to me that those at the top of the Club did not share the same vision.
    I'm very sad about that, but I do not regret for one moment my decision to come to Tyneside and I'm very proud about what we achieved together.

I will always have you in my heart. Best of luck for the future. C'mon Toons!

tommers and Badgers like this.
  25. not-bono-ever

Perez off the the foxes for £30m it seems. lolol

Badgers likes this.
  26. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

27. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Been reading some of the #nufc posts of twitter. Lot of fans claiming to have cancelled season tickets :(

not-bono-ever likes this.
  28. not-bono-ever

We have to destroy the club in order to save it

Badgers likes this.
  29. not-bono-ever

i think the NUFC twitter admin is a subversive wrecker & may not be fully on board ...

upload_2019-7-3_10-21-35.png

Badgers and tommers like this.
  30. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Longstaff to Utd?