How long will the Southern Trains/Thameslink emergency timetable be in place?

Discussion in 'transport' started by ringo, Jun 15, 2018.

1. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

I can't be the only one having to deal with this shite service every day.

One week of rubbish new timetable. Late for work three times. Two weeks of even worse emergency timetable. Late every day. First day it took two hours to get into town, a new record. Had to give up and get the tube four times.

I've had more trains cancelled in the last three weeks than in the previous six months, which for Southern and Thameslink is a monumental achievement.

Can't see any info anywhere saying how long the emergency timetable will be in place. Any ideas?

tommers and A380 like this.
  2. TruXta

TruXta tired

I bet it'll quietly become the regular timetable.

A380 and Badgers like this.
  3. davesgcr

davesgcr Reading books

Supposedly by September ....(a veritable shambles of the highest order)

4. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

It's utter dog shit, even outside of peak hours. I got the Thameslink at 10:15 earlier this week and the following 3 trains were cancelled. On the way back it was much the same. It's a total joke.

5. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Someone deserves a knighthood for this

6. davesgcr

davesgcr Reading books

Agreed - waited 26 mins for any northbound train at Farringdon at 1515 yesterday - and when it came , it was a semi-semi fast. Packed. Beyond belief - 24 tph planned. More like 2.4 tph .......

colacubes likes this.
  7. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

2 weeks ago I got northbound from Tulse Hill to go to Kentish Town. We sailed through Kentish Town after St P and it was only after that it was announced that the train had been changed as fast to Luton. 1st stop was Luton Airport Parkway. Myself and several other people on the train were stuffed (I ended up 1.5 hours late for a meeting). They didn't make an announcement over the tannoy and even if they had and me and all the other people missed it, the screen onboard didn't update till well after Kentish Town, which was of little use to the group of deaf people on my carriage on their way to a charity event :facepalm:

A380 likes this.
  8. ringo

The number of threads in which this becomes relevant seems to be growing every day
    southern.jpg

Dogsauce, marty21, oryx and 2 others like this.
  9. braindancer

braindancer not for long

Being late for work is one thing, which I have been regularly thanks to Southern, but much more annoying is the fact that the fuck ups have been far worse when I've been trying to get HOME. :mad:

Glad to be working at home today.

10. ringo

Wanker

Govia Thameslink chief executive Charles Horton resigns

Passengers have faced major disruption as hundreds of trains were cancelled following the introduction of new timetables in May.

GTR, which runs Thameslink, Southern and Great Northern, said chief executive Charles Horton would remain in post for a short time to oversee the development of a temporary timetable.

The RMT said: "The rotten franchise he was steering remains in place."

Announcing his resignation, Mr Horton said: "I recognise that passengers have been hugely frustrated at the significant disruption caused by the introduction of new timetables.
    Timetable row rail boss resigns

11. Bahnhof Strasse

Bahnhof Strasse Free the Sepsis Six!

Which will be just long enough for a bonus payment to mature, no doubt.

They should take a lung, a kidney and his dog for this kind of shit.

A380, Miss-Shelf and ringo like this.
  12. ringo

The cancelled Sutton train hasn't even made it to the board
    [​IMG]

A380 likes this.
  13. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Have seen a lot of this :mad:

To avoid delay repay or to boost overall performance statistics?

14. littlebabyjesus

littlebabyjesus one of Maxwell's demons

If you see something that doesn't look right...

Been sorely tempted to send them a photo of the timetable.

salem and ska invita like this.
  15. wtfftw

wtfftw Well-Known Member

Yeah. Chemistry has barely seen his daughter this week. Fuck Thameslink.

16. Miss-Shelf

Miss-Shelf I've looked at life from both sides now

Currently delayed by southern but at least it is at the prettiest station ever (Lewes) and there's an entertaining crow

Bahnhof Strasse likes this.
  17. Bahnhof Strasse

Bahnhof Strasse Free the Sepsis Six!

Sadly not Bob :(

Dogsauce, marty21, oryx and 1 other person like this.
  18. A380

A380 How do I change this 'custom title' thing then?

Fucking cowboys. Apparently the drivers’ union was telling management for months they wouldn’t be have enough people trained for the new routes but the spivs in charge knew better.

They have a really annoying trick of leaving a train showing the ‘deleting’ it from the time table at the last moment . Not cancelling it, so they won’t pay delay repay. This has happened on the seven minute journey from my house to Bedford meaning I check the train is running, leave Home and arrive to find the trains have been deleted. A 30/40 minute wait sometimes just so the buffoons can cook their books. Happens going home to. The worse was not getting home till 2200 after a normal Office day.

I am on a protest Facebook group and some of the posters are showing that GTL are actually showing trains as running along routes when no physical train is doing that.

It’s a fucking rat fuck. And I’m Paying five grand a year for the privilege.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    Bahnhof Strasse and ringo like this.
  19. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

20. ringo

I've had that a lot, three times in a row causing my two hour commute from Tulse Hill to Farringdon.

No idea if that's what happened last night, or if it was so late it hadn't got on the screen yet. Gave up and got the tube and bus again.

I'd just renewed my £153 monthly ticket

A380 likes this.
  21. nuffsaid

nuffsaid But this goes up to 11

Well they've finally added a train to fill the void the emergency timetable had. No trains to Brighton after 7:47 to 08:30. Ridiculous. Now they've added an 08:02.

ringo likes this.
  22. ringo

Nice to hear something's going the right way. My train home was 12, then 16, then 21 minutes late until they just cancelled it and pretended it was the next one.

23. nuffsaid

Don't forget your Delay Repay folks!

kabbes, A380 and ringo like this.
  24. littlebabyjesus

The good people of Radlett are wondering what all the fuss is about. There are more trains than ever!

A380 likes this.
  25. nuffsaid

Please share your new found bounty, some of us are commuting off scraps.

Miss-Shelf likes this.
  26. davesgcr

davesgcr Reading books

Really - to my knowledge , no changes at all.

Maybe some of the planned ones actually run

27. OzT

OzT Online early mornings when at work ....

You jest, but the people responsible probably will get that and a fat bonus cheque as well

28. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Pickman's model likes this.
  29. Pickman's model

Pickman's model One star in sight

Bahnhof Strasse and Badgers like this.
  30. littlebabyjesus

Just about every train I've caught to St Albans in the last month has stopped at Radlett. Only a small proportion used to. If Radlett is still getting the same number of trains, that shows how fucked up it must now be.