How are we going to get rid of Hoey

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by ash, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

See my post 326 on the issue.

2. Gramsci

The occasional litter officers that the Council send out to for "low hanging fruit". Basically Joe Blogs.

When it comes down to more serious fly tipping the Council is useless.

They haven't the resources to deal with it. Its a problem in LJ.

So Council go for occasional fining people outside the Tube. Its just for show.

3. Southlondon

Southlondon The river's there for a reason

There’s no such thing as a ‘litter officer’ in Lambeth. They are enforcement officers who spend the majority of their working hours dealing with fly toppers and illegal street traders etc. Occasionally they will e deployed to littering hotspots which have been flagged up by residents complaints to provide a uniformed deterrent and to educate and enforce against littering. If litter laws weren’t enforced some people would be quite happy to drop their crap on the pavement without a second thought. It’s like did fouling. Most dog walkers are responsible and clear up rafter their animals, but others don’t and this is a major issue believe it or not in terms of reside complaints. Littering operations are only occasional and not conducted by dedicated ‘littering enforcement officers ‘ as you seem to believe. They are targeted in response to complaints. It’s not a case of low hanging fruit or easy targets, it’s because a lot of people don’t like to shuffle through the detritus left by inconsiderate people not using bins. As stated already it’s not a fine it’s an FPN - an opportunity to pay a fixed amount like a parking ticket to avoid getting a fine. Easily avoided by using bins. You’re so anti- the council you see conspiracy every where you look

4. Gramsci

That's good to hear.

As Ive been criticised twice recently for not being anti- Council enough.

My view on Labour Councils being subject to big cuts by the Tories being one. Hasn't gone down well here.

5. Southlondon

Some people need to try living or working in a Tory/libdem borough and then they would see the contrast in how they execute the cuts in line with their priorities. I appreciate you are more informed and pragmatic about this than some other posters on urban, and it is absolutely true that the decision to impose austerity upon local authorities was taken by the libdems and the tories in partnership, and this has cut the council funding almost in half. It’s those bastards that are responsible for the reduction in services and yet some people moan about revenue generating events in parks not being free,or libraries being kept open by pairing them with gyms ( fit in mind fit in body and vice Versa I personally think it’s a brilliant idea), or working in partnership with local residents to keep adventure playgrounds open etc when the alternatives are to close those services as Tory and libdem boroughs have done without any efforts to keep them open. I’m the first one to criticise the dominant labour group in the council for their blairitte ways, however I’m doing my bit in the party to build the left so we can select more left wing candidates for the next election which is the best way to change the direction of the council and push it to the left. people that want to have a more left wing council would be better placed adding their numbers and efforts to the left resistance in Lambeth labour than wasting time in the greens who showed they weren’t lefties at all when they controlled Birmingham and Brighton councils, or irrelevant little left wing grouplets that achieve absolutely Jack shit.

happyshopper and Gramsci like this.
  6. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

She's not seeking reselection for the next election:

Pickman's model, Winot and belboid like this.
  7. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

So any riders and runners to be the new Labout candidate?

I would have thought Ibrahim Dogus must be itching to stand.
    At least his Mayor's chairites are a bit more outward looking than Tally Ho Kate's little England world view:
    Ibrahim Dogus, who has been elected mayor of the London borough in 2019/20 and will take office on 22 May 2019, selected the Migration Museum and Refugees Welcome Lambeth as his two chosen charities during his tenure as mayor, as part of a thematic focus on refugees and immigrants.

Gramsci and BusLanes like this.
  8. cuppa tee

cuppa tee Well-Known Member

Amy Lamė ?

CH1 likes this.
  9. happyshopper

happyshopper Well-Known Member

Almost certain to be an all-woman short-list.

10. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

Good Riddance, perhaps she can get a job alongside Widdicome and her mate Nigel.

Gramsci likes this.
  11. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

Bet she's elevated to the lords

12. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

I presume you're talking about Carnegie, where they spent 3 million excavating the basement of a grade II listed library then handed it over rent free to a private company until 2023?

snowy_again and Gramsci like this.
  13. BusLanes

BusLanes Pedestrian

That's what I heard too, last year, but was speaking to a Labour mate about this and they're no longer so sure if that'll happen.

Anyway, if it is All Woman Shortlist, I wonder if the Labour MEP 4th placed person, Laura Parker (iirc) will stand. She's Vauxhall based and seems to be a cross between loyal Momentum and Remainer/Another Europe is Possible

Gramsci likes this.
  14. BusLanes

BusLanes Pedestrian

If it's open to men, then agree Dogus must be itching for a go. He ran nearby in 17 after all and has done a lot of work on raising his profile locally and in Labour.
    Maybe his ward mate, Kevin as well? I remember his name being bandied about a couple of years back when he was Hoey's agent.
    Then there surely will be a few high profile men from neighbouring boroughs or across London who'd like a shot.

Gramsci likes this.
  15. Gramsci

See the Twitter response to her letter of resignation suggests she finds a new career in the Brexit party.

Backing the Farage wing of Brexit was her undoing.

Pickman's model likes this.
  16. Gramsci

Yes Laura Parker is both Corbyn supporter and Remain.

Labour members know what we need: a referendum and a campaign for remain | Laura Parker

All the people I know who joined or rejoined the Labour party due to Corbyn in Lambeth are Remain.

They are opposed to return of Blairities to run national party. But also opposed Brexit.

As a non Labour member the I see Brexit as a tragedy.

Its a possible scenario that this country might get a Boris Brexit. The end result being the entrenching of the "Free market" ideology under Boris plus the ending of the Corbyn experiment and return to the "middle ground" for the Labour party.

All those who felt disenfranchised one way or the other will end up with nothing.

IMO that tosser Chuka should have stayed in Labour party and stuck it out. Him being part of the so called centre ground.

Pickman's model likes this.
  17. Southlondon

That’s one of them yes. It’s how Lambeth has managed to keep all its libraries open when other boroughs have closed lots of theirs

18. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

You are Gym Dickson AICMFP

colacubes likes this.
  19. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

Managed to bugger up the simple instructions on the form to tick one box

BusLanes likes this.
  20. cuppa tee

cuppa tee Well-Known Member

Should still leave her plenty of free time to polish her little mini.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019