Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hotel needed for gig in Hyde Park

Looby

I’m looking for a hotel (or Air B&B I guess) for one night in July.

Not fancy but equally not a shithole.

If we could be walking distance to Hyde Park that would be lovely but easy bus or cab route is fine (absolutely no tubes).

The plan is to get the train to London so parking not needed although being able to drive if there’s a train fuck up would be handy.

Somewhere with places to drink after a gig in the park would be good as I suspect we’re not going to want to spend any longer than necessary there.

Any recommendations?

clicker

nanook rubs it....
There are Travelodges within spitting distance of Waterloo...if you want to just kip somewhere really familiar, as in they all look the same. That'd do for a night?

You could leave the gig, have a pleasant walk back to the Southbank, its a really nice place to have a drink in summer and its 5 min walk from waterloo station and a Travelodge.

The Hyde Park to South bank (waterloo) walk is great on a balmy evening. You'll pass loads of pubs.

Eta obviously hundreds of dearer hotels but you'll hardly be in it.

Last edited:

wtfftw

melting like a toastie
If you don't fancy the walk then a 148 or a 159 will do most of it for you. But you can also get many buses within an hour for the same price.

Spymaster

Cockney Wanker
I’m looking for a hotel (or Air B&B I guess) for one night in July.

Not fancy but equally not a shithole.

If we could be walking distance to Hyde Park that would be lovely but easy bus or cab route is fine (absolutely no tubes).

The plan is to get the train to London so parking not needed although being able to drive if there’s a train fuck up would be handy.

Somewhere with places to drink after a gig in the park would be good as I suspect we’re not going to want to spend any longer than necessary there.

Any recommendations?
Budget?

Voley

aManWithaMulletGoingMadWithaMalletInMillets
You going to see Pearl Jam/Pixies? I had half an idea I might go to that.

Looby

There are Travelodges within spitting distance of Waterloo...if you want to just kip somewhere really familiar, as in they all look the same. That'd do for a night?

You could leave the gig, have a pleasant walk back to the Southbank, its a really nice place to have a drink in summer and its 5 min walk from waterloo station and a Travelodge.

The Hyde Park to South bank (waterloo) walk is great on a balmy evening. You'll pass loads of pubs.

Eta obviously hundreds of dearer hotels but you'll hardly be in it.
We’d be ok with a Travelodge but I think would rather be closer to the park than the station. Will keep it in mind though. Cheers.

Looby

Haven’t really set one but we’re not loaded.

I started looking on hotel sites and was really overwhelmed so thought I’d ask here first. I’ve never stayed in central London for a gig. Usually crashed with friends/family but the selfish arseholes have all moved out.

The only hotels I know are in Euston and Ealing.

Spymaster

Cockney Wanker
Haven’t really set one but we’re not loaded.

I started looking on hotel sites and was really overwhelmed so thought I’d ask here first. I’ve never stayed in central London for a gig. Usually crashed with friends/family but the selfish arseholes have all moved out.

The only hotels I know are in Euston and Ealing.
Have a look at Paddington/W2. Just north of HP so easily walkable with quite a few decent pubs tucked away in the side streets, and cheaper than the south side which is Knightsbridge/Victoria. There's an Easyhotel there that's apparently good value and clean.

clicker

nanook rubs it....
We’d be ok with a Travelodge but I think would rather be closer to the park than the station. Will keep it in mind though. Cheers.
Hyde Park to Waterloo is only about a 25 min walk , through really scenic part of Town. But I'm definitely biased .:thumbs:

kenny g

Sheeple Wake up!
Try around the British Museum/ Bloomsbury for decent cheapish hotels. Montague Street is quiet, has a few places to stay and walking distance to Soho/ Hyde Park/ Oxford Street. My last stay at a travel lodge was decidedly disappointing.

Bahnhof Strasse

A-wob a-bob bob
Hyde Park is next to Mayfair which is expensive as hell. To the North is Paddington/W2 which as Spy says is better value. To the south is Victoria which is packed with decent, much cheaper hotels, so that's where you should look. As you walk there the Horse & Groom in Groom Place is a lovely little boozer...

Spymaster

Cockney Wanker
I've had a few friends stay at Hub by Premiere Inn in Bloomsbury, and sing its praises for being good value and spotlessly clean.

It's a 15-20min walk from Hyde Park, about a mile down Oxford Street, but loads of buses and taxis. As a bonus it's just outside the main tourist areas and right next to Charlotte Street and the restaurants and pubs of Fitzrovia, Marylebone and Bloomsbury.

Bahnhof Strasse

A-wob a-bob bob
Premier Inn Victoria is opposite my old office. When the Pope came to town his cardinals all stayed there, was quite surreal, stood outside having a fag and a coach pulls up and all these cardinals pile off and started milling about.