Hot upcoming gigs

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Jo/Joe, Mar 23, 2006.

1. rutabowa

rutabowa LOSE IT

This is a pretty good song but its from like 2 years ago and its all they ever seem to post, do they have other good material?

2. Johnny Vodka

Johnny Vodka The Abominable Scotsman

Saw The Lemonheads in Glasgow at the beginning of the year. My 1st time and I thought they were a bit flat tbh. Shame, as I loved them as a kid.

Saw Hot Chip last night - fab. Only got The Doors Alive, Kamasi Washington and Suede lined up at the mo.

3. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

It’s a Shame About Ray is killer though. Actually i like all their stuff. And hopefully Stinson’ll play a few Replacements tunes. The Rickshaw’s a great venue in the middle of East Hastings...the shittiest area in BC (think Beirut with a meth addiction).
    Suede eh? Killer band.

4. Johnny Vodka

Johnny Vodka The Abominable Scotsman

Don't get me wrong, it was nice to hear all the old tunes. It just felt a bit 'for the money'. :hmm: The support were livelier and seemed very influenced by The Lemonheads and other US music of that time. Sadly I forget their name. :oops:

I loved Suede back in the day, and first time seeing them too, so quite excited! It's not until July though.

5. 8115

8115 sitting down is bad for you

Debating going to see a band called Piroshka, they have someone from Elastica in.

6. rutabowa

rutabowa LOSE IT

COSMIC PSYCHOS this friday. they are on fire this tour i heard. i am very much looking forward to it.

7. kalidarkone

kalidarkone Bringing YOU round.....

OMG omg omg omg!! Fucking love Godflesh! Thanks for the heads up!!!

8. kalidarkone

I'll be going on my own! !!!

9. kalidarkone

It's really expensive!:mad:

10. May Kasahara

May Kasahara humans are too delicious

Got tickets to see Heilung in November. Antlers ahoy! :cool:

littleseb likes this.
  11. rutabowa

rutabowa LOSE IT

Sunn o))) in October at Roundhouse... 40£ tho... I do love then live tho and it sounds like a good venue

12. Ranbay

Ranbay The same rules apply

UB40... i think, :hmm:

13. littleseb

littleseb littleseb

been to the round house 4 or 5 times and always found the sound shit. having said that, Sun o)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) can probably drone it out.

14. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

The Roundhouse is weirdly comfortable I find. It's cool and pleasant and you can watch a band and go home without feeling all grubby afterwards, but it doesn't have the atmosphere you get in a grotty sweatbox.

15. littleseb

littleseb littleseb

I can see the seats being nice and comfy with a good view, but I was always standing . couldn't see and it sounded like crap.

16. rutabowa

rutabowa LOSE IT

Yeh I saw then at the Kentish town forum, dont think they even used the PA ha. I am not worried about sound. Are they Nazis or sommat tho?

17. rutabowa

rutabowa LOSE IT

And seen them at Koko, and Corsica. 3 of the best gigs of my life. Fuck it, 40£ is ok as they do bring the show.

18. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

I don't know about outright Nazis but O'Malley certainly has a history of dabbling in that scene and associating with some dodgy people.

19. chainsawjob

chainsawjob Kipping in the dunes

Tankus the Henge coming up, and just seen Skinny Lister.

20. Part 2

Part 2 bizarre wanking accident

Evil Blizzard, Pigs, Part Chimp and others in Preston tonight

killer b likes this.
  21. moonsi til

moonsi til worked it out now!

I have missed gigs due to being ill but not because I forget. This morning I was pondering what it would be like to forget a gig then about an hour later a mate sent timings for tonight’s gig that I had totally forgotten about!

So tonight I’m going to Jim Jones & The Righteous Mind at Hare & Hounds.

Saw a great Qawwali band last Sunday & have The Nightingales next Sunday.

22. killer b

killer b Nostrofuckingdamus

Lost you at the end - hope you got home safe. A great night!

Part 2 likes this.
  23. Part 2

Part 2 bizarre wanking accident

Yea, I had a great night too. Lots of people I haven't seen for a while...good to see you. :)

24. krtek a houby

krtek a houby Share knowledge, don't weaponize it

Raconteurs soon and saw Kraftwerk last night. Awesome.

25. Threshers_Flail

Threshers_Flail Well-Known Member

Housewives tomorrow night and Tirzah on Sunday - not sure about the last one, am tempted to go see Deaf Kids instead.

26. killer b

go and see deaf kids, it's a no brainer.

Part 2 and Threshers_Flail like this.
  27. rowan

rowan Well-Known Member

I'm going to see Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets in Cardiff next Monday (health permitting!). Saw them last year and they're brilliant, they do the early Pink Floyd stuff which is the best (everything pre-Wall is their best). Long way to go for an evening but they're well worth it :cool:

28. killer b

with Gary Kemp off of Spandau Ballet taking the Syd role apparently! A worthy replacement. :cool:

29. rowan

rowan Well-Known Member

I was never a Spandau Ballet fan and was a bit wary about him, but he was great :thumbs:

30. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

Just been to see Cabbage at Yes. I think it might be my new favourite venue in Manchester