1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot upcoming gigs

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Jo/Joe, Mar 23, 2006.

1. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Siouxsie likes this.
  2. chandlerp

chandlerp Well-Known Member

I do like an Alice Cooper gig.

3. Chilli.s

Chilli.s Well-Known Member

Ooh... The Moulettes, all over the place. I recommend, if you like prog rock, or folk rock or just new unusual music with an original sound. Seen em several times, great band.

4. killer b

killer b Gazing vacantly at a plate of mince

Ha, my girlfriend is mates with them. We were out with their soundman (also her cousin) on Thursday...

Chilli.s likes this.
  5. Johnny Vodka

Johnny Vodka The Abominable Scotsman

I got LCD Soundsystem and Four Tet booked for Glasgow next year. :cool: 4th time seeing LCD, 2nd time seeing Four Tet (but that was ages ago, so really, really looking forward to it).

6. Johnny Vodka

Johnny Vodka The Abominable Scotsman

Really? I'm not a huge fan, but bland isn't a word I'd use to describe him. Bland is Coldplay and their ilk.

7. kalidarkone

kalidarkone Up to my knees in amniotic fluid

They sounded different live, I went based on the two songs 6 music have played this year. It was the last night of their tour and he kept saying how knackered he was. There was no charisma - or that could have been me. Bland is relative and subjective.

8. Siouxsie

Siouxsie Fashionable objector with a uniform fetish

Are you sure you were there? :p ;) :D

hash tag likes this.
  9. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

10. killer b

he was amazing - one of the most captivating performers I've seen. He doesn't have the eyes of someone who sleeps much.

Orang Utan likes this.
  11. Queens of the Stone Age with Iggy Pop, Run the Jewels & The Hives, Saturday 30th June @ Finsbury Park, sounds like fun.

chandlerp likes this.
  12. killer b

Faust are playing in Manchester next Thursday (with Gnod) - a show which I find myself in the unusual circumstances of supplying a cement mixer for them to utilise for some musical purpose...

faUSt + Special Guests – Gorilla

13. killer b

(they're also doing three nights at OTO, but they're all sold out.)

14. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

Think you may have entered into a Faustian pact there..

Fozzie Bear likes this.
  15. Voley

Voley If you're happy and you know it, fuck off.

Smoking kills and moonsi til like this.
  16. moonsi til

moonsi til worked it out now!

Bought tickets for Hollie Cook for Feb in Brum.

Have no more gigs this year planned.

17. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg A powerhouse of a human and cannot be silenced

Gwenno in January, Fever Ray in March!

18. chandlerp

chandlerp Well-Known Member

Early christmas present of Iron Maiden tickets for me and the wife

19. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

I very much enjoyed Faust at their concert last year, the old hippys.

20. skategob

skategob Does tha want some fist?

Saw Zal Cleminson's /sin'dogs/ in Hull last night, brilliant. Seeing them again on Saturday in Grimsby. Catch 'em if you can, highly recommended.

21. copliker

copliker ...

I saw The Schizophonics last night with RFTC and they were a lot of fun. Touring the UK this week.

Stash and rutabowa like this.
  22. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

we (atomic suplex) played with the schizophonics the first time they came to the UK, to an empty room in Kingston... we basically just played to each other, but Pat still went absolutely nuts, they are great. not my kind of music really but highly recommended live.

23. Cloo

Cloo U R dOin me a friTen

I have a spare ticket for them tomorrow at Cadogan Hall as other half is under the weather... have just asked a mate, but if anyone might be interested, send me a PM.

24. copliker

copliker ...

Very professional. They were fortunate to have a decent number of bodies in the crowd, even a few pulses, which is unusual for a support on a sunday night in Dublin.

25. rich!

rich! stalin tache

Was that the one wherethe drummer left early to catch a flight?

26. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

Just been to see Hanson and they didn't even do mmmbop! :eek:

27. killer b

Orang Utan likes this.
  28. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

I dunno! it was at St Johns? I didn't see the drummer at the pub afterwards, in any case!

edit: actually it was 2015 not 2016 apparently. It was with Nurse With Wound and Cut Hands, pretty amazing lineup, though I seem to remember not being impressed with NWW (but loved Cut Hands and was awed by Faust to the extent I paid £20 for their NEW album [which i have barely listned to])

29. killer b

London - great looking show at The Pickle Factory tonight - Italian EBMish techno from Not Waving, hauntology from Pye Corner Audio and who knows what from Colin Potter (from Nurse With Wound). Only a tenner too.

30. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

Well knock me down with a feather I never imagined or dared hope that I'd ever see this but it's true...

Microdisney have reformed and are playing the Barbican next June, doing all of The Clock Comes Down the Stairs as well some of their other greatest misses.

I'm loving 2018 already! (which'll be 30 years since I last saw them)