1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot upcoming gigs

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Jo/Joe, Mar 23, 2006.

1. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

Well. I know they said it would be A Christmas Performance, but I wasn't expecting that.

An hour of Christmas songs. Then five of their own, including the last one. A new song. About Christmas.

mauvais likes this.
  2. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

Placebo tonight. Can't find my black nail polish :(

3. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

Saw them last night at The Union Chapel in Islington , great venue ,enjoyed the Christmas songs , Ben Watt came on for a couple. 2nd half was more familiar stuff . Enjoyed it .

Pickman's model likes this.
  4. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

5. copliker

copliker ...

They're playing a 14000 capacity venure here soon. I didn't get it then and I certainly don't get it now. Yer man sounds like Frank Sidebottom.

6. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

Well it was a quarter empty and they weren't very good

7. copliker

copliker ...

Showbiz. :(

8. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

Shirl likes this.
  9. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

Low at Halifax Minster on Friday Night. I've seen them there before and the venue is ideal for them.

10. belboid

I liked the first half hour, but had pretty much ad enough of it by then. A look at the setlist shows you got a fair bit more in the second part too, lucky beggars.

11. Knotted

Knotted Sweet when you stir it up

There's a Luton band called Dinges, they play power/noise rock. At the Levels festival a few weeks ago they put Lee 'Scratch' Perry, The Nightingales and The Fall to shame. Damn fucking amazing good. And no they aren't me mates. Anyway they're playing various locations in Luton and London. It's not just ramp up the guitar noise, there's real rhythm and humour in there.

Dec 10 The Black HorseLuton, United Kingdom
    Dec 22The Old Blue Lastw/ SpoilersLondon, United Kingdom
    Jan 20New Cross Innw/ Moose Funk Squad...London, United Kingdom
    Apr 06Of the CuffLondon, United Kingdom
    Apr 28The Hat Factoryw/ Vice SquadLuton, United Kingdom

The first of these gigs is free and you just turn up. They aren't big news to the world. But they are good. Real gooood. No seriously, you will dance like a bastard. Well I will.

12. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

Low, a minster, candles, The little Drummer Boy, a glass of wine, me = tears of fucking joy and amazement :)

13. copliker

copliker ...

Judging by the way this place is going, this might as well go in here.

icke.jpg

14. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

SFA in Leeds tonight - Fuzzy Logic and Radiator in full :thumbs:

15. belboid

Grrr...

If anyone fancies two tickets for tonight's show in Nottingham, message me. You'll have to collect them from Sheffield tho

16. moonsi til

moonsi til worked it out now!

Earlier this year someone asked if I wanted Black Sabbath tickets which I said yes to then I forgot till last week. I bought 2 tickets which cost £££ which turned into Xmas gift to my BF along with a Julian Cope ticket and Josefin Ohrn & The Liberation. Looking likely Sabbath will be my first 2017 gig.

chandlerp likes this.
  17. Rutita1

Rutita1 Wicked, Wicked, HYSTERICAL!

18. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

19. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

How did that go binka ? They were excellent in Cardiff (Sat 17th Dec) with that same gig :cool:

20. belboid

probably there last show. So pissed i missed the tour

21. William of Walworth

We've gone a bit OTT over coming months with booking gigs for the pre-festival season.

Sunday 22nd January, Flaming Lips, Academy, Manchester (it's Manchester Beer Festival weekend too)
    Friday 24th February, The Beat, Rainbow Rooms, new venue at Gorseinon near Swansea
    Friday 17th March, Peter Hook and the Light, Tramshed, Cardiff
    Saturday 18th March, Half Man Half Biscuit, O2, Oxford [just me for that one]
    Friday 31st March, The Leylines/Whitehall Parade, Moon Club, Cardiff
    [possible] Saturday 1st April, Punk all-dayer at the Tramshed in Cardiff
    Good Friday, 14th April, The Selecter/The Beat, Tramshed, Cardiff
    [possible] : Easter Sunday, 16th April, something called Skankfest at the Moon Club in Cardiff -- it's a multi-act ska event apparantly.

I think that's all of them, all but the two possibles are booked now. No doubt we'll find our way to plenty of free pub gigs in and around Swansea too :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  22. William of Walworth

Real shame that. It was it being the last gig that made us decide to go. Sorry you missed it, because everyone was loving it in Cardiff, they went out on a real high.

23. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

They were great. I've probably seen SFA 10 times over the last 15 years or so but a lot of the songs they played I haven't heard them do live before, or with something like Hermann loves Pauline I haven't seen them do for ages.

The previous few times I've seen then they've been guilty of going on with themselves a bit and playing too many slow dragged out songs that get a bit dull. This gig though was really tight and high tempo and the room was bouncing to stuff like Shes Got Spies and Chupacabras.

Just wish I could have seen them in Manchester instead of travelling to Leeds on a school night. Would have loved to have been really drunk

Also confirms that theres no question that Radiator is definitely their best album :thumbs:

William of Walworth likes this.
  24. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

I can't imagine it really was their last tour. They're only in their 40s and any time they want they could do a quick 12 date tour and make some easy money.

William of Walworth and killer b like this.
  25. William of Walworth

Fucked up wih absences on the above list.

Us gig-goers also add,with booked tickets :

Thursday 26th January : Jim Jones and The Righteous Mind, Clwb Ifor Bach, Cardiff
    Saturday 25th March** : Ferocious Dog/Boot Hill Allstars, Fleece, Bristol ..

**and that's the same day as the Bristol Beer Festival too. Coolness.

26. William of Walworth

Just noticed a new gig by Neville Staple ("the original rudeboy") -- Saturday 8th April at The Garage, Swansea :cool: :)

So going! We saw him/band in Manchester last January and the gig was ace :cool:

27. moonsi til

moonsi til worked it out now!

Not a gig but booked for a 'sound bath' on Jan 29th, 1.5 hrs of singing bowl, gong and other percussion as we lie on a mat under a blanket. It's a group session and cost £15. Quite excited about it.

28. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

I am putting on a trash/Punk concert at the brixton windmill on Feb 17th with THE CAVEMEN (NZ), ATOMIC SUPLEX, SUICIDE GENERATION and MOTO VAMP, and GENERAL ECHO SOUNDSYSTEM playing records, come or what

Poi E likes this.
  29. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

30. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT