1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot upcoming gigs

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Jo/Joe, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

According to the Guardian listings, the Dead Kennedys are playing next week. I imagine they will be shit without Jello though. :confused:

2. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

All in the next month:

Amber Arcades
    Mik Artistik's Ego Trip
    Sleaford Mods

:)

3. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

Well it's not a gig really but i'm going to the ICBC (International Cannabis Business Conference) with a few peeps speaking who aren't celebs but Dr Gabor Mate (famous if you work in addiction related health issues) and...TOMMY CHONG! And there's an after party at Studio records with Tommy and Rocker T. I'm going to a party celebrating the herb with Tommy Chong. I'm going to carefully construct a Dutch Tulip joint (the construction of which i learned from Free Rob Cannabis in Amsterdam no less) for his assessment.

4. braindancer

braindancer not for long

This was fucking awesome. I absolutely loved it, as did everyone else in the room - including the man B12 himself who cried at the end.... was very special.

(And I must say I loved going to a club at 7 - dancing my socks off to wonderful techno - and being back home in bed by 11:30.....)

5. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

That's the best thing about my favourite night out atm, golden cabinet - starts at 7, sweaty ravers by 8.30, kicks out at 10.30. When you don't do the drugs anymore, waiting till 2am for the peak isnt that workable...

6. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

moonsi til likes this.
  7. moonsi til

moonsi til worked it out now!

Ooh can't go to Thurston Moore gig but would if I could and for £10! Bargain. I saw him with Michael Chapman a few years ago which was sublime.

8. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

Yeah, I caught him on that tour too, it was amazing.

Charles Hayward has also been spellbinding whenever I've seen him too - it's a very strong show. I wish I could go.

9. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Well-Known Member

Anyone got anything good in London tomorrow? Saturday 15th?

Got an old mate and former drummer in town and he wants a bit of guitar, bass and explosive drummers

10. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

Reiabuzz likes this.
  11. Reiabuzz

are there still any venues like the 12 bar anywhere? not the windmill - they've got some folk acoustic thing on tomorrow.

12. Thaw

Thaw Aye like, so it is.

"Holy Fuck" in The Village Underground, Shoreditch

The_Reverend_M and Reiabuzz like this.
  13. Reiabuzz

that sounds fucking good. have you seen them live?

14. Reiabuzz

gah, sold out

15. chandlerp

chandlerp Well-Known Member

Got tickets to see Ian McNabb in a boozer in Chester. He's doing an acoustic set ahead of his electric gigs he does as The Icicle Works.

marty21 likes this.
  16. moonsi til

Just booked for Toy on Nov 22nd in Brum.

17. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

The Handsome Family , March 2nd , The Union Chapel , London . Looking forward to that ,Mrs21 is on board :thumbs:

18. stethoscope

stethoscope Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This was proper fucking ace. That is all :cool:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    The_Reverend_M and ska invita like this.
  19. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

Ah, nice. How was the sound? I've sworn off the Albert Hall 'cause the last few shows I've been to there the sound has been dreadful - and there's no way I'd want to hear Mugstar at anything other than earsplitting volumes...

20. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

21. stethoscope

stethoscope Well-Known Member

Oh it was loud alright :D

22. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

23. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

did you....buy a copy :eek: :hmm: ;)

24. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Yeah my shoplifting days are over... :thumbs:

25. moonsi til

I was there too, thought the sound was poor for Josefin Ohrn & The Liberation, though I thought the same for them at Liverpool psych fest too. Hookworms were immense, first time seeing them for me.

26. moonsi til

I'm considering John Cale playing 'The Velvet Underground & Nico' album in Liverpool with others next year. On sale tomorrow morning, though in reality I shouldn't.

27. plurker

plurker tú no tienes la culpa mi amor que el mundo sea feo

I'm most excited about the James Blood Ulmer gig, and also catching Donny McCaslin - killer band who Bowie used for Blackstar

And St Germain, who were fucking awesome at womad

28. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

You shouldn't. Go an see something new instead.

29. Part 2

Part 2 bizarre wanking accident

Fucked Up and Skinny Girl Diet in Leeds tomorrow

30. chandlerp

chandlerp Well-Known Member

Australian Pink Floyd Show in Liverpool tonight for me