1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot upcoming gigs

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Jo/Joe, Mar 23, 2006.

1. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

Yeah it was about £50 with all booking fees but he pretty much did a greatest hits set and was well worth the money (already regretting the £50 I've spent on New Order tickets for next weekend)

2. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

Andy Stott at the revamped Jazz Cafe 21st July

3. moonsi til

moonsi til worked it out now!

Aiming for PJ Harvey tickets when on sale this Friday, £44 though. Got Black Sabbath tickets and need to get Goat tickets for Manchester gig in October.

4. big eejit

big eejit She looks like Alan Gilzean

It's a bit steep intit. Plus a night's accommodation in Wolverhampton. Which will probably be cheaper than the ticket to be fair.

Off to see Lucinda Williams in Bristol this evening. Legend.

Supported by Aussie brothers, The Pierce Brothers. Saw them supporting The Felice Brothers and they were brilliant.

5. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

did you see them at brotherfest?

big eejit likes this.
  6. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I saw Rangda on Wednesday - really good. They are playing Leeds on Sunday and Gateshead tonight.

7. big eejit

big eejit She looks like Alan Gilzean

There's a lot of 'brothers' in country music! Unusually both those bands are actual brothers.

8. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

Sly and the family Drone at the cool New River Studios this Friday 20th July. Other listings think it's Thursday but it's Friday.

9. Fozzie Bear

Merzbow gig in October. :thumbs:

belboid likes this.
  10. stethoscope

stethoscope Capital it fails us now

Goat/Jane Weaver/Hookworms/Mugstar at Manchester Albert Hall in October.

@killer b?

11. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

I have ambivalent feelings about both Goat and Hookworms, and the in-house PA at the Albert Hall has been awful on all the previous occasions I've been there - it's ok if there's a big tour playing who bring their own kit, but I'm not sure I would go to another stand alone gig there until they sort it out.

On the plus side, both Jane Weaver and Mugstar are at the top of their game atm.

12. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

rutabowa likes this.
  13. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

Death Grips at the Roundhouse, Sat 29 Oct - tix on sale this Friday 12/8 (or now if you're a Roundhouse member)

14. Fozzie Bear

Ramleh on Saturday. Earplugs packed already.

15. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

The rock or power electronics version?

16. Fozzie Bear

Both - they are doing two sets. :cool:

17. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

yo london, go to this.

[​IMG]

18. Fozzie Bear

Oh I've not been there yet - will try to make it!

19. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

Giant Swan are amazing, best thing I've seen this year...

20. Catchit

Catchit Active Member

Yussef Kamaal with full ensemble at the Jazz Cafe this Friday. Not been this excited for a gig in a long time. Keen to finally see what the JC like inside now too.

21. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

Hmm, too skint to do both...should I go and see Dan Michaelson & the Coastguards (again) on Friday, or L7 on Monday? Dilemmas, dilemmas.

22. rich!

rich! stalin tache

Where are L7 playing?

23. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

Manchester (tho that might have been tonight), Sheffield Glasgow and London

24. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

moonsi til likes this.
  25. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

this is them. Can you resist?

[​IMG]

26. braindancer

braindancer not for long

Saw this pair at Sin-Eater in the summer. Superb!

27. moonsi til

oh I was so sad to miss Sin-Eater, my partner went and had a great time. We are off to Liverpool Psych so will put on our list.

Re Sin-Eater my partner loved 'That Fucking Tank' & ordered a CD from them (Bandcamp I think), it took 2 months to arrive with note saying they were no more..he was gutted as they were/are due to play Liverpool too.

28. braindancer

braindancer not for long

Sin Eater was literally the best festival I've ever been to. I will definitely be back next year..... (if it happens). I missed That Fucking Tank as they were the last band to play on Sunday and I had to leave mid-afternoon. I've seen them a few times before though and they were ace - sad to hear they've split :(

29. moonsi til

We camp there a few times a year (Brow Farm), it's just such a lovely place. Unothodox Paradox held their event there last September & I thought it was just perfect.

30. nastybobby

nastybobby Well-Known Member

Taking my mum to see Andre Rieu in Leeds just before Xmas. Nearly £100 a ticket :eek:, but since my dad and aunt died there's been nobody to accompany her to these type of things, so I've volunteered and bought her a ticket for her Christmas present. Already asked her whether she'll be buying a brand new pair of knickers from M&S to chuck at the stage or throwing an old pair. ;)

I've been subjected to various Andre Rieu DVD's over the years, can't say I'm a fan, but my dear old mum has been a massive fan for quite a few years now without ever seeing him live. So I'll tolerate a couple of hours of light classical tunes to hopefully make her Christmas. I've seen quite a few DVD's where the, mainly elderly, fans start some kind of audience participation. I've already warned her that I won't be participating under any circumstances, you've got to draw the line somewhere.

marty21 likes this.