Hot off the press DnB thread

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by ska invita, Mar 13, 2015.

1. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

1995 style dark

2. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

the more i hear this the more i like it
    Marky - SIlly VIP

on a jump up tip this is catchy and infectious

kalidarkone and The_Reverend_M like this.
  3. The_Reverend_M

The_Reverend_M More bass, vicar?

Raw is the word :D

4. The_Reverend_M

Just found this freebie on their soundcloud - decent bit of fun :)

5. The_Reverend_M

6. The_Reverend_M

This is more like it :D

ska invita likes this.
  7. ska invita

8. The_Reverend_M

I'd get down to this :D

electroplated likes this.
  9. sankara

sankara Well-Known Member

My two favourite new DnB bits right now

ska invita likes this.
  10. ska invita

Nice tunes :thumbs:
    Someone else used the All I Do sample in the past I think...sounds very familiar

11. kalidarkone

kalidarkone Bringing YOU round.....

12. kalidarkone

Listen to Chris Lake - I Want You (1991 Remix) by 1991 #np on #SoundCloud

ska invita likes this.
  13. kalidarkone

Should have put this on first as it includes the above two tracks. I love this, kept me bopping at bus stops and train stations last week!
    Listen to Drum Breaks - Stevie Bear Drum & Bass Frenzy (free download) by DJ Stevie Bear #np on #SoundCloud

14. stethoscope

stethoscope Well-Known Member

Meant to say before now, that Future Thinkin' is my fave show on Kool - started listening after your recommendation ska ;)

I got so very bored with D'n'B for a number of years (especially as whenever I turned on Kool or Origin, it seemed to be that shite which sounds like a high pitched saw and drill), but their selection is proper deep and has really got me listening again.

Did you hear last night's show? Cracking stuff and I don't know whether this is 'hot off the press' or an older tune, but its been proper killing me all day (any ideas?)

ska invita likes this.
  15. stethoscope

Listening to the lyrics again this morning, this sounds to me like a Future Thinkin' own special. The vibe I get from listening to Future Thinkin' is to D'n'B, what Anti-Social is to dubstep/bass @ska invita

ska invita likes this.
  16. ska invita

hiya, sorry for slow response, its been a manic one....
    ive shazamed that tune, its by Rowpieces and called Unkown Intentions from 2013 :)..I think its a bit of a favourite, Ive heard it played on the show in the past.
    There is a Future Thinkin label Future Thinkin
    with occasional releases

I did happen to tune on Monday for the first time in a long time, so really funny you bumped this!
    When i was tuning in regularly i found a few sets that i think were really perfect and posted them here

Definitely deep selection...the DJ DM Cut goes back to Nightingale 1992 days if not earlier so you get all that history and good taste there I think. They deserve a bigger break I think.
    When you download shows from the Kool archives it shows how many downloads there have been and its one of the most downloaded shows by comparison i think...they have a small but faithful following...but yeah, deserve a bigger platform

If you hear a particularly good set at any time in the future please make a note of the date and ill grab it from the archives...i cant keep up on everything id like to with music these days

17. stethoscope

Nice one mate, absolutely love that :cool:

18. ska invita

Its from 2016 but ive only just found it, does that old skool elements in a new skool style thing perfectly, great party tune
    unfortunately there is no full version online, and its got lots of changes in it
    this has the intro and first break but theres a really great second breakdown section and second drop bit which make the tune...worth seeking out the full versoin

It looks like it might be on Spotify but i can be arsed to sign in to check

sankara likes this.
  19. BristolEcho

BristolEcho Well-Known Member

I very much liked the last Kasra and Enei release.

20. The_Reverend_M

21. The_Reverend_M

22. sankara

Not worth a thread in and of itself I reckon but Spirit has had a heart attack and probably won't survive. He has suffered irreparable brain damage. In a strange twist of fate, he was the last person to work in the studio with Marcus Intalex last year too. :(

Pray for Duncan aka Spirit | DOA | Drum & Bass Forum

He has released so many tunes over the years, not so many dancefloor smashers but he is/was very consistent.

This is probably his biggest tune

23. kalidarkone

Listen to Metalheadz DNB60 with Artificial Intelligence - BBC Radio 1 (January 2015) by Metalheadz #np on #SoundCloud

I'm a bit obsessed by this at the moment!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  24. dialectician

dialectician https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AxoqxhwmY8

oh i like this.

but idk edit the break more i want my limbs to get into a tangle.

25. sankara

He died today. R.I.P. Spirit

26. kalidarkone

I've been checking out some female dnb dj's and producers as it's so male orientated and I found these:
    Listen to DnB Girls Podcast #01 - Distinct & Mizeyesis by DnB Girls #np on #SoundCloud

and there are 11 more podcasts featuring female producers and dj's.
    I'm working my way through them and they feel different - not better just different, but I'm very excited by them. I LOVE MISEYESIS who incidentally is playing at Rupture's 12 th bday in November. I'm trying to organise going ;).
    Here's the flyer: Anyone from here going?