Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy returns to Radio 4

xenon

ContentIsBuffering....
The radio version is the canonical version as far as I care. My parents had it on tape and would listen to the whole thing on long car journeys. The SFX are fantastic :)
I've still got the cassette box set of that somewhere. It says don't panic on it.
One of the first things I heard on the radio where stereo was vital. I mean, even telly, films weren't stereo then.

a_chap

When the world came apart, where were you?
I think I should point out that I used to be the Vice President of the Zaphod Beeblebrox appreciation society.

I only mention it now because, having Googled it, there's no mention of it on the internet at all :thumbs:

We predated the internet by quite a few years. In fact we used to mimeograph the newsletters. (aka Roneo, Banda, Spirit duplicator for the Millenials here)

belboid

TUC Off Your Knees
I think I should point out that I used to be the Vice President of the Zaphod Beeblebrox appreciation society.

I only mention it now because, having Googled it, there's no mention of it on the internet at all :thumbs:

We predated the internet by quite a few years. In fact we used to mimeograph the newsletters. (aka Roneo, Banda, Spirit duplicator for the Millenials here)
I loved Bandaing, rotating the handle at just the right speed to get a print that wasn’t too feint, wasn’t too inky. Happy days

pogofish

Testicle Hairstyle
The radio version is the canonical version as far as I care. My parents had it on tape and would listen to the whole thing on long car journeys. The SFX are fantastic :)
Much as I love HGTG - from the very first time it was broadcast, also the first time I'd listened to Radio 4. I have to say that for me, listening on better quality radio gear than my old transistor radio, IMO the production values have dated it badly. To the point that I don't think I can listen to it again - I'd rather keep the memories of that magical and funny story that totally changed my idea of SF/Fantasy just as I got going in my teens. :)

Its the book or nothing for me now.