1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Herne Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by choochi, Jun 9, 2014.

1. friendofdorothy

friendofdorothy it is so much worse than Thatcherism now

South London Drinks will be in Herne Hill this Friday 24th. See the thread in the community forum or send me a message.

2. Maharani

Maharani Just like Heaven

Another burst pipe in HH.

3. friendofdorothy

where?

4. Maharani

Not sure but my mate just told me and my bus got diverted from Brixton this afternoon. I'll see if I can find out.

5. friendofdorothy

This morning I saw a No 68 coming down Dulwich rd, Brixton Water Lane, turning on to Tulse hill - must be diverting to avoid Norwood Road

6. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

I think it's near Deronda Road.

7. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

Where on da road?

Sorry

Not sorry

innit, lefteri and editor like this.
  8. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

Friday is the 25th. :)

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Bah! I'm DJing at the Market House in Brixton. If any of you lot want to keep on partying after the pub, drop me a line before Friday and I'll sort out a free guest list.

wtfftw likes this.
  10. friendofdorothy

you are of course quite right, thank you!

11. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

To be fair, I was only sure of it because it's my father-in-law's wedding on the 25th, and he played the Ann card to convince me to attend. He knows I don't care for him, but as she buried the hatchet with him and forgave his lifelong nastiness to her a couple of weeks before she died, I felt that if I were to represent her feelings/what she wanted, I should go. I think that'll be the last time I take a call from him, though.

friendofdorothy likes this.
  12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

13. friendofdorothy

oh shit. cars do tend to speed between bumps, but what speed to you have to do to do that, any other vehicles involved? It looks very bad, I hope they survived it.

14. Lizzy Mac

Lizzy Mac Well-Known Member

Lowie are asking people to object to the changes to their Herne Hill store
    Simple Search
    search with code 17/03745/FUL.
    There are quite a few comments posted already. I'm not an expert on this sort of thing at all, experts! what are the implications?

15. Rushy

Rushy AKA some / certain posters

Interesting that the D&AS claims the plans were developed in consultation with the current leaseholders. The leaseholder's objection suggests that whilst they may have been consulted, their views were not given much weight!

16. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

I always thought she'd bought the whole building, not just the flat upstairs.

17. Maharani

Pizza Pelone or 500 degrees as the restaurant is called is rank. Got a TA delivered and the pizzas were under-cooked, hardly any of one of the extra toppings AND they used slimy tinned mushrooms. Really yuck. This will be the last order a make from them.

18. ash

ash Inittogether

T
    Thats annoying. Was it the Ferndale rd one as they've always been piping hot and lovely when we've ordered but we live very close

19. Maharani

Think it's in HH. They were hot but the cheese was still white and the mushrooms made me feel sick!

20. ash

ash Inittogether

Yeuk. I avoid veggie pizzas in Spain as they have those awful tinned or jarred mushroom that are so sour and indigestion creating- totally unacceptable in London. I feel your pain.

Maharani likes this.
  21. Maharani

Yeah and £21 for two pizzas when they're not frigging amazing is just bloody bad news.

22. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

Im suprised by this... has always been good when ive been

23. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

The first world problems of the good folks of herne hill. Traumatic reading.

24. friendofdorothy

Anyone got any info or links about the design trail stuff thats going on. I met a young woman painting WHERE THE PANTERS ROARED on Railton rd pavement. She said it was part of design trail stuff and there was a walk going on on sat starting at the Commercial in Herne Hill - but I cant find anything about it - like when does it start? cost?

25. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Saw this on FB, with the caption "The fabled Soul Stealing Evil Wizard Cat of Herne Hill. Proper shits me up every time I walk past."

hernehillcat.jpg

Best cat ever :thumbs:

26. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

which reminds me of:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I welcomed the darkness that filled my soul. No hope, no fear. <a href="Black Metal Cats on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/fqSglu8BZ3</a></p>&mdash; Black Metal Cats (@evilbmcats) <a href="">September 24, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lefteri likes this.
  27. macca4848

macca4848 Well-Known Member

Isn’t this a Tulse Hill cat

28. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Gonna say the same......I've seen that evil on the doorsteps of Palace Road.

29. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Don't know, must be then.

30. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

Costcutter's got a fancy refurb...