1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Herne Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by choochi, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight Well-Known Member

Reunited with cat! Phew!
    (Crikey didn't expect the pic above to be so big)

2. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

We want the full story

3. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Great to hear!

Look forward to seeing pictures of the kittens in a few weeks' time ;)

4. Sister Midnight

Ha, now that would be a story given she was neutered a decade ago. The immaculate cat-ception..?!
    Aw, kittens!

Miss-Shelf and T & P like this.
  5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

If you've after some "mindfulness meditation for businesses and individuals" and want to "be in the present moment and live your lives more fully" and have £125 burning a hole in your pocket, this is for you.

Mindfulness

It says....

6. Calvo

Calvo Member

Sorry to see the Ye Olde Bakery seems to have closed for good. There's a notice in the window saying they found things difficult after the move and a fire in the kitchen seems to have been the final straw. Such a shame for them :-(

7. Smick

Smick Strictly Second Class

Absolutely awful for an established employer like that to have gone down the pan through no fault of their own.

8. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

It does say they hope to be back. I used to shop there quite a bit so I hope they do manage to return.

9. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

I thought they had rebranded as artisan craft loaf house or whatever it's called, round the other side of the arches, or is that a different business?

macca4848 likes this.
  10. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member

yes they had, but they had a fire a few weeks ago.

I also thought they were coming back - but I was just saying to RubyToogood that since they moved to the other side I never go in there any more - I doubt it gets as much passing through footfall on that side.

11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

13. Smick

Smick Strictly Second Class

Do you tell the woman at Off the Cuff of your association with u75?

And if so, how did she react?

14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I don't think she's around any more. I chat to the owner quite a bit if I'm there and he knows I'm involved in u75. He appreciated the review I gave them and the subsequent publicity I've posted on Buzz.

Smick likes this.
  15. Louisgwinn24

Louisgwinn24 Active Member

it's a shame dicksons off licence has no been occupied by national rail :(

friendofdorothy likes this.
  16. Lizzy Mac

Lizzy Mac Well-Known Member

Esp after they had a refurb recently. What a waste of money.

friendofdorothy likes this.
  17. friendofdorothy

friendofdorothy it is so much worse than Thatcherism now

yes. We'll miss it. It was the only offy around here. its shameful of NR

18. friendofdorothy

I went off them a few years back when a friend saw mice all over the baskets in the windows at night.

19. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Any info on when the refurb works will be completed?

I feel sorry for that lovely used furniture shop in the corner. Did the relocate anywhere nearby?

20. friendofdorothy

he is just round the corner on dulwich rd where the florist used to be - near the Florence.

T & P likes this.
  21. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Oh that's good to hear. I only ever bought once from them but I like them a lot, and the wares they sell.

22. Lizzy Mac

Lizzy Mac Well-Known Member

At his prices, he will be fine.

Maharani and shakespearegirl like this.
  23. Rushy

Rushy AKA some / certain posters

It was called Bleu. He opened Mor Bleu on Dulwich Road a while ago (more upmarket). Recently told me that he's intending to get one of the new arches after refurb. He's a good businessman - even if that doesn't work out he'll sort something out. I'm not sure that the retail side of things was the main part of his business anyway.

I think Perks & White ( the best coffee in HH, or perhaps tied with Roome!) won the tender to get their old stall back in the station. Although, apart from the occasional drain smells, I've liked having it temporarily in Off The Cuff.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  24. Sister Midnight

Helicopter circling for past 10 mins or so. Makes me feel edgy having above - apart from the fact they seem to crash too often - I wonder what/who they're looking for... an escaped murderer?!!

25. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

It may have been part of the continuing investigation into this serious crime.

26. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

Do you think that's likely?

Smick likes this.
  27. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

At least we were spared the out of context quotes in massive letters this time.

Smick likes this.
  28. friendofdorothy

Had a brilliant day in the regent yesterday.

£6 lunch, beer, read all the electioneering leaflets, more beer, read a couple of newspapers, political discussion, went to vote, more beer. Friends joined us, more political debate, other locals dropped by, more political chat, more beer, met a marvelous 81 year old who started a sing song, more beer, then a kebab on the way home. Can't recall when I enjoyed an election day more.

Smick, Me76, Sister Midnight and 7 others like this.
  29. Rushy

Rushy AKA some / certain posters

Are you sure about that? Looks to me like they've just been refurbing the front. They've uncovered old Beers Wine & Spirits painted shop signage.

Louisgwinn24 likes this.
  30. Louisgwinn24

Louisgwinn24 Active Member

thank god they didn't close :)