1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here we go, 7 in-a-row... Celtic 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by LiamO, Jun 22, 2017.

1. starfish

starfish No dialogue. Just plot.

Oh no it isnt :D

2. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

Still, not a bad result from a "pub team".

starfish likes this.
  3. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

Important win against Killie at the weekend. Not cos they are any good, but the first real signs of brendan being able to dip the kids in and out without effecting the style of play.

That's the future folks.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    unrepentant85 and starfish like this.
  4. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

Not my own work, obviously: too witty and touched by genius.

"Did anyone see the Eclipse? HH"

20914670_10214028905662481_6310328394010242382_n.jpg

starfish, angusmcfangus and LiamO like this.
  5. Fedayn

Fedayn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    FedaynWell-Known Member
    Banner at the game on Saturday, it was the same day as Glasgow Pride.

Attached Files:

starfish, planetgeli and LiamO like this.
  6. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

Today's game kicks off @ 4.30pm. Is it on any kind of telly?

e2a here... Astana v Celtic

7. Fedayn

Fedayn Well-Known Member

BT Sports 2

8. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

Anybody needing a half-decent stream - it may be in Dutch, but you can mute it and listen to radio commentary from elsewhere like I do sometimes - let me know.

9. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

Looking cool, calm and composed at half-time. Sinclair's equaliser enough to knock the spirit out of them. These are no mugs either - they knocked out Legia in the last round (and we all know our history with them :facepalm:).

10. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

Not looking quite so composed now, are we?

Weather the storm and learn the lessons. Much better to take yer eye off the ball in this game than the Group stages.

11. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

15 mins to go. Need to grow a pair, get a grip and kill this off with a goal.

12. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

N'tchampion.

job done. Thanks be to fuck.

MrSpikey likes this.
  13. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

Pretty saw I just saw London Underground CSC lads in the crowd (84 mins bt sport 2).

14. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

Fucking love Griffiths. He's always there or there abouts.

starfish likes this.
  15. starfish

starfish No dialogue. Just plot.

Well that was a fun 45 minutes (only saw 2nd half) but still we're £30M+ richer HH :D

16. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

Tbf we had much the better chances in the first half.

But that backs-to-the-wall, shit-or-bust 20 mins will serve the players well - and in the not too distant future.

17. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

Via Facebook. "The first draw out of the bowl."

20992766_482738508765982_7253395197446536485_n.jpg

18. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

A, E or G please

19. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

B it is

Bayern Munich, Paris St-Germain and Anderlecht.

Let the battle for 3rd commence.

imposs1904 likes this.
  20. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

Not the worst draw imaginable. You're right, go for third . . . but maybe second will turn up. :thumbs:

21. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

Who got the easier draw: Man Utd or Liverpool? A couple of spawny fucking gets. :D

22. juice_terry

juice_terry Here is a man who would not take it anymore.

Not too bad a draw .. great for easy away trips (travelling wise that is ) the two 1st time teams Leipzig and Carrierbag got easy groups ...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

23. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

If we tie Neymar's laces together!. Anyways who cares? Three great nights at Parkhead. And three easy to get to away games for all the travelling fans. All good.

Glad we didn't get Chelsea, though Liverpool or Spurs at Wembley would have been good too. Glad to see the back of Barca too.

24. unrepentant85

unrepentant85 Dílis d'ar nOidreacht

25. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

Realistically we would be doing very well to snatch third place, as Anderlecht are no mugs. But fuck 'realistic', let's dream. Let the big boys come onto our playground and let's see what they are made of.

I almost feel sorry for fans of the 'Superclubs' sometimes. They are so used to winning that I can't see they get that much joy out of most games. And they get soooo pissy when they don't win. Gimme the passion, the emotional roller-coaster, the sheer fuckin joys, the solidarity any day.

Celtic's support and Brendan's consistent incremental improvement will keep me warm through many a long winter's night.

I understand that the economics dictate that Celtic will always have to be a selling club, but for the last 5 years we have been a feeder club for Southampton FFS (who then sell our best players on for huge profit - Virgil's next). In the next couple of years we need to be successful enough to cut out the middle man (Southampton et al) and get to the position where our best players - when they have completed their education - go straight to the top teams and Celtic pocket all the loot for re-investment.

This in turn makes Celtic Park a much more attractive proposition for the next wave of prodigious talent looking for development, proper football, CL experience and (ultimately) a top-class shop window. The fact that they could get more money in the english Championship than in the SPL means we will continue to attract the hungry ones, the ones for whom Football, the joy of playing and winning regularly (rather than bench-warming at some epl relegation-dodgers) and the glory is more important than just the bank balance.

We know the very best of them may only be passing through, but we can enjoy them while they are here. We are already well established as an excellent club for broken/stalled players to rekindle their love of the game. Now we can become the club for it. And that's before the production-line effect - of every Celtic team at every age level playing the same football - kicks in in a couple of years.

While all the time the Ibrox Irrelevances are sucked deeper into their self-created sink hole. Happy days.

Good luck and safe travels for all you lucky bastards and beer-bellied ambassadors who can still travel to games. Post up some post-trip reviews so the rest of us can continue to live our football dreams through following yours.

This is the last day of my holidays so I'l be offski. Will pop back in around Xmas, when hopefully we will be looking forward to more brilliant European nights - whether in the CL or the Thursday Cup. Hail Hail.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  26. juice_terry

I'll post a report from the Anderlecht trip ... if I remember it

27. Fedayn

Fedayn Well-Known Member

I'll try to post a report from the PSG game.

juice_terry likes this.
  28. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

Good joke via facebook.

"New Celtic 4th kit is quite smart"

21192961_514800925530865_4040346577674915139_n.jpg

juice_terry and starfish like this.
  29. juice_terry

You not heading to Brussels Fedayn ?

30. Fedayn

Fedayn Well-Known Member

Nah can't get the time off work. Tickets are even rarer too. Though given Anderlecht are pally with Ajax and some of ours are pally with a few Liege it might be interesting.