Help Needed. Author wants test readers for stories set in 55BC

Discussion in 'Wales/Cymru' started by Eifion Williams, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Eifion Williams

Eifion Williams New Member

Hi,
    I'm a new member here and my introduction is also a request.
    I am a Welsh Author writing in English and I am in the process of writing the third novel in my trilogy; Iron Blood & Sacrifice.
    These stories are set in 55 & 54 BC around the time of Julius Caesar's invasions, so really early history I know but I am desperate for test readers and so my appeal is for just that; anyone interested in reading the first two novels in the trilogy.
    I post here, as the work is somewhat 'conceptual', in that I have attempted to show a linear progression from these early Celtic people to the Proto-Welsh people, in both culture and tradition.
    I am hoping the work appeals to a broad readership but I am aware that perhaps the most interested readers, will be Welsh or certainly interested in ancient Welsh history and culture.
    Please let me know if you can help me out, as I have had no real feed-back on the novels apart from the well-meaning approbation of friends and family. I'm not looking for a professional opinion or any detailed breakdown, just a read a brutally honest opinion.
    Regards,
    Eifion

2. Chilli.s

Chilli.s Well-Known Member

I would give it a read through for you, and provide feedback.

3. kebabking

kebabking Unfettered ambition

same here - i'm a fan of historical fiction, even if its often rubbish!

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I've amended the title.

5. geminisnake

geminisnake a complex mass of conflicting ideas

I'd be up for reading them. It's been a while since I read historic fiction :)

6. Eifion Williams

Eifion Williams New Member

Thanks, it's better.

editor likes this.