Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Help me find a new killer Wordpress theme for the urban75 blog

editor

hiraethified
Problem: the theme that runs the urban75 blog and Brixton Buzz has long been discontinued.

I've been looking for something that more or less looks the same and won't be too difficult to swap over (e.g. all images are 620 pixels wide and there's no way I can resize them all to fit a new theme).

The current theme does a great job of showing off a lot of content - Buzz is more newspaper/mag than blog - so I'm trying to find something comparable that's bang up to date.

Any suggestions folks? Thanks.

editor

hiraethified
OK, so my current updated theme is becoming obsolete so I've got to update it with a new theme sooner or later.
Any new suggestions? I don't mind paying for something decent as it'll be used on the blog, Brixton Buzz and the currently slumbering wirefresh site.

editor

hiraethified
Oh and I don't want those shifty themes that hook you into endlessly forking out for 'support' every year.

editor

hiraethified
This is proving a tricky task. All the themes I've come across so far are either too simple or wildly complicated, or insist on locking you into perpetual payments.

FridgeMagnet

Administrator
Wordpress theming is a bit of an industry now, with the increasing complexity of the codebase :/ I don't have any great suggestions, just sympathy really.

editor

hiraethified
Wordpress theming is a bit of an industry now, with the increasing complexity of the codebase :/ I don't have any great suggestions, just sympathy really.
The most annoying this is that Wordpress's own mobile template is being removed soon so I've got to find something half decent bloody quick, and then replace the calendar plug in after being stitched up by the fuckers who created it.

RubyToogood

can't remember what goes here
I've basically taken my website off my Twitter profile now because it's too bloody professionally embarrassing. It's the most basic, simple kind of site there is and all the actual functionality comes from plugins. But I've never been able to find a responsive, accessible one that basically does the same thing without hideous fonts or bells and whistles.

ska invita

back on the other side
This is proving a tricky task. All the themes I've come across so far are either too simple or wildly complicated, or insist on locking you into perpetual payments.
Rentierism is increasingly the business model in IT and lots of other stuff too

good luck btw! yeah it is hard