Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Havant 0-0 Hamlet, National South, 8 February 2020

Pink Panther

I didn't go to this one, saw Chesham 2 Merthyr 0 in the Southern South Premier instead and now warming up in one of the two town centre micropubs.

Goalless draw with Havant's thuggish defender Simon Walton sent off just before half-time. Given they're probably the top team in the division for gamesmanship it's probably not surprising they denied us victory with an extra man for half the game. I hope it was a dodgy red card to offset all those favourable decisions they got at our place last month.

StephenMac

I didn't go to this one, saw Chesham 2 Merthyr 0 in the Southern South Premier instead and now warming up in one of the two town centre micropubs.

Goalless draw with Havant's thuggish defender Simon Walton sent off just before half-time. Given they're probably the top team in the division for gamesmanship it's probably not surprising they denied us victory with an extra man for half the game. I hope it was a dodgy red card to offset all those favourable decisions they got at our place last month.
Feels weird to say it but going to Chesham was probably a sound call.

Laurie hill

It was a blatant red card!
Pitch was awful and ruined it!

They were on top second half even with 10 men (and the hill) - couple of half chances for us at the end.
Draw fair result though as we never made the extra man count plus grainger made some good saves again.

At least not as far home as Weymouth!

StephenMac

Point away from home and clean sheet, never to be sniffed at. A shame not to make the numerical advantage count
Well I don't want to be that guy but I really think we shouldn't be second best against a bunch of cloggers who are an arsehole down for the majority of the game. The pitch played its part but it was a terrible, dismal spectacle as far as I'm concerned.

Pink Panther

Well I don't want to be that guy but I really think we shouldn't be second best against a bunch of cloggers who are an arsehole down for the majority of the game. The pitch played its part but it was a terrible, dismal spectacle as far as I'm concerned.
On the other hand Walton is such a massive arsehole they're arguably better off without him. He was griping from the start of the FA Cup tie when the linesman ignored his offside appeal, then got bullied by Mills for our first goal, and should arguably have been sent off for serious foul play a couple of weeks ago but was let off the hook by referee Dr Evil.

StephenMac

On the other hand Walton is such a massive arsehole they're arguably better off without him. He was griping from the start of the FA Cup tie when the linesman ignored his offside appeal, then got bullied by Mills for our first goal, and should arguably have been sent off for serious foul play a couple of weeks ago but was let off the hook by referee Dr Evil.
He completely lost the plot in that weird Barnes incident near the end of the Cup game. Angry bloke.

Laurie hill

First half was alright, second a let down
But it was far better than the dartford performance

dcdulwich

The Mad Squirrel pub is definitely superior to anything Havant has to offer. And it's straight home on the Tube with a slick change at Finchley Road. "Havant" sampled the Old Man Hicky(sp) cider yet.

View attachment 197925View attachment 197926
Whereabouts in the town is that one Pink Panther? - I went to school in Chesham and lived just outside but rarely go back. Probably visiting in the next few months though. Always good to be prepared.

Can’t believe the old shuttle service to Chalfont & Latimer is no more. Direct trains without having to hop off and hop on or walk under the subway? Bleedin’ luxury!

JoeBoy1959

I've played on better Sunday league pitches than that one. I don't think playing Whack-A-Mole on it would have helped.
But, despite their team being a bunch of arseholes, fair play to Havant's keeper for interacting and having a sense of humour.

Pink Panther

Whereabouts in the town is that one Pink Panther? - I went to school in Chesham and lived just outside but rarely go back. Probably visiting in the next few months though. Always good to be prepared.

Can’t believe the old shuttle service to Chalfont & Latimer is no more. Direct trains without having to hop off and hop on or walk under the subway? Bleedin’ luxury!
It's at the end of the High Street closest to the ground, a shop conversion pictured below. There's another one called Trekkers only a few doors along which is more like an off licence where you can drink in but also serves draught beer.

I was surprised at not having to change at Chalfont & Latimer. I remember waiting for that shuttle service to pull out once when Mishi suddenly shouted "MORE TEA VICAR!" for no apparent reason, I glanced at the window and there was a vicar on the platform glaring at me obviously thinking I'd shouted at him!

20200208_142523.jpg

PartisanDulwich

Weren't Havant second in the League before the game
so a point excellent
If results go our way next Saturday we could go 10th