1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harriet Harman on Julian Cope

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by belboid, Mar 18, 2017.

1. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

ska invita likes this.
  2. PaoloSanchez

PaoloSanchez Active Member

3. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

gave it a listen whilst making breakfast...must admit my shock was how naive Harriet Harman is....i kind of expect that generation of politicians to at least have rubbed shoulder with the fringes of counterculture, or understand it from a position of distance.
    Her shock that people are able to take drugs and still have lives, or take drugs in their youth and get jobs as teachers as they get older...what planet is she from? ETA: And shes MP for Camberwell and Peckham - a druggy borough if ever there was one. A scary insight into the disconnect between reality and certain politicians.

The book sounds great :)
    I dont know Julian's music either...Teardop Explodes is just a name...putting it on now...Shut Your Mouth is familiar...quite poppy so far...good lyrics though

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  4. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

You wanna listen to Fried & Peggy Suicide, his two masterpieces.

oryx and ska invita like this.
  5. oryx

oryx Sitting on the bock of the day

I'm a massive fan of Cope's stuff. The two Teardrops Explodes albums are brilliant, especially Kilimanjaro.

Kaka Tim likes this.
  6. DJWrongspeed

DJWrongspeed radio eros

Her reply about whether she inhaled or not is excruciating. She's switched off her political smoothness, thinking she's on a literary R4 programme, and can't give a straight answer :facepalm: